Bullnose Forum

1980 F100 Flareside California truck all original (mostly)

You would have to consult with the build sheet to verify... but I don’t think it’s the Freewheelin’ package. The stripes are wrong. The ones in all the brochures have the square all the way around each body panel. My money would be a custom with lots of add ons.

Good catch Jonathan. I didn't notice that previously, but the stripes are different, aren't they.

The truck mainly caught my eye because of the factory fog lights and fog light switch bezel. I see them so infrequently, I thought it was worth a mention.

Good catch Jonathan. I didn't notice that previously, but the stripes are different, aren't they.

The truck mainly caught my eye because of the factory fog lights and fog light switch bezel. I see them so infrequently, I thought it was worth a mention.

It certainly is worthy of a mention! I like this truck a lot!

• 1 month later...

You would have to consult with the build sheet to verify... but I don’t think it’s the Freewheelin’ package. The stripes are wrong. The ones in all the brochures have the square all the way around each body panel. My money would be a custom with lots of add ons.

Came across another black Flareside with the outline stripes and was wondering if this one is a Freewheelin truck?

Has the stripes, sports instrument package, and the 10 hole aluminum wheels?...Not sure what else...grill has been changed obviously.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/800292967024304/

Came across another black Flareside with the outline stripes and was wondering if this one is a Freewheelin truck?

Has the stripes, sports instrument package, and the 10 hole aluminum wheels?...Not sure what else...grill has been changed obviously.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/800292967024304/

Definitely has the right stripe package... the 10 hole aluminum wheels was part of package B which should also have had fog lamps, but as you mentioned anything could have been changed or special ordered. One does not often see XLT flareside...

Definitely has the right stripe package... the 10 hole aluminum wheels was part of package B which should also have had fog lamps, but as you mentioned anything could have been changed or special ordered. One does not often see XLT flareside...

That's expensive for what it is. Looks sad sitting there. Like "Take me home, please! It's cold out here!"

Looks sad sitting there. Like "Take me home, please! It's cold out here!"

Ha! Gary, they ALL look like here...lol.

All of the "nice" trucks are ones that were brought up from down south or they're part of the extreme minority of vehicles that were not driven in the winter. It's one thing to find a Mustang that wasn't driven in the winter...they're everywhere, but a pickup?...super rare.

So this one just appears to be missing the bumper guards. As for the Handling Package, you can see the rear sway bar, which was part of the package, but can't tell in front.

I think it's pretty safe to assume if there's a rear swaybar then there should be a front bar? I don't think vehicles ever got just a rear bar did they? It was either a front only, or both front and rear? I'm certainly no expert on the topic, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.:nabble_anim_confused:

It's got a wild looking exhaust on it with the cat hanging down below the driver's side exhaust manifold. I assume that was part of the California emissions? Or was that a standard item location in 1980?

Rembrant, I had an 86 with a rear sway bar only. I bought a parts truck and robbed the front sway bar off it and installed it on my 86. I vividly remember this, as it was a time when I was broke, and had no garage, and did the work on my westward facing driveway in Tulsa Oklahoma during the summer. Nearly lost consciousness baking on the concrete.....lol

There's another nice California black Flareside on Ebay, and I see he dropped the starting price down (it was at $4000 previously). Not a bad lookin' little truck. Still has original floor in the bed. More or less a one owner...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254198079339?ul_noapp=true

Good shape. Interior...meh. If I fly and drive, it has to make it a long way.... I will stay patient.