Bullnose Forums

1984 F150 XLT SWB 4X4 one owner NC truck, super clean, low miles

I love seeing these clean one owner low mileage trucks. Check out the interior in this thing. Oh my...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323706311251

Pictures and story on where it came from below:

http://vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=323706311251&t=1550888547000&tid=10&category=6219&seller=usa-1-today&excSoj=1&excTrk=1&lsite=100&ittenable=false&domain=ebay.com&descgauge=1&cspheader=1&oneClk=1&secureDesc=0

PS: Not knowing much about the 4x4's of the Bullnose era, I don't think I was aware that they were available with the auto-locking hubs.

PS: Did you see the little fog light switch under the dash with the wood grain peeling off of it?...

Was that a Ford piece with dealer installed fog lights or was that just a generic switch that somebody stuck some brown film on?

Another REALLY nice Bullnose! It sure looks nice. And well worth the money.

On that switch, I see it but don't know anything about it. And, there were auto-locking hubs, but they had problems with them - just like they still do as Blue had to have them repaired not long after I bought him.

On that switch, I see it but don't know anything about it. And, there were auto-locking hubs, but they had problems with them...

I had the auto-locking hubs on a 1995 F150 4x4 that I owned briefly back in the later 90's, and I destroyed one of them...or both of them...I can't remember now. I had gotten the truck stuck while in 2wd, and then put it into 4x4 without having the ability to roll the truck ahead or back, and when I started spinning again I heard a bang from the front. I installed a set of Warn manual hubs after that.

On that switch, I see it but don't know anything about it. And, there were auto-locking hubs, but they had problems with them...

I had the auto-locking hubs on a 1995 F150 4x4 that I owned briefly back in the later 90's, and I destroyed one of them...or both of them...I can't remember now. I had gotten the truck stuck while in 2wd, and then put it into 4x4 without having the ability to roll the truck ahead or back, and when I started spinning again I heard a bang from the front. I installed a set of Warn manual hubs after that.

Nice! I have auto locking hubs on my Bronco. I like them.