Bullnose Forums

Dual position mirror [E0TZ-17696-D] - NOS

My son's 1984 came with the more rounded "aero" mirror heads, so maybe it was 1983 and back?

The "aero" mirrors are actually referred to as 5" x 8" in the catalog, and the usable glass measures that. The angular mirrors are called 6" x 9" in the catalog and the usable glass is 5 5/8" x 8 5/8".

The aero mirrors were introduced in '82 according to the catalog, although they have an E3 (1983) prefix in the '94 version of the catalog, as seen here: Exterior/Exterior Mirrors. [i could climb the microfiche tower to see if they had an E2 # originally, but there are other fiche to fry. :nabble_smiley_wink:] And, while on that page check out the new Mirror Options tab, which has some info from the 1982 Light Truck Facts book.

1982 was the last year for those mirror heads. It's an easy way to identify an 82 because it will have a blue oval in the grille, no hood letters, and it will have the newer style emblems, and yet it will have the 80-81 mirror heads (when equipped with the swing-lock style mirrors).

1982 was also the last year for the 6.6 400 V8. ;)

1982 was the last year for those mirror heads. It's an easy way to identify an 82 because it will have a blue oval in the grille, no hood letters, and it will have the newer style emblems, and yet it will have the 80-81 mirror heads (when equipped with the swing-lock style mirrors).

Shaun - Interesting! I didn't realize those "angular" mirrors weren't used after '82. I'm going to have to look at the dealer facts books to get my head around the mirror options. May have to put that info on the page as well.

Were these mirrors by any chance also available in black? I've seen them on trucks for sale online, and I always thought they were aftermarket replacements. Cool to know they were factory. It seems though that a lot of the ones I see are black...likely painted by the owner that way, I guess.

Edit: The very next thread I looked at on here had a truck with a set of these mirrors in black:

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/1985-F150-Oregon-tp22879.html

Were these mirrors by any chance also available in black? I've seen them on trucks for sale online, and I always thought they were aftermarket replacements. Cool to know they were factory. It seems though that a lot of the ones I see are black...likely painted by the owner that way, I guess.

Edit: The very next thread I looked at on here had a truck with a set of these mirrors in black:

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/1985-F150-Oregon-tp22879.html

Here's the Type 9 entry from the page, and from the MPC, and there were 6x9's in black - the "single position" ones.

9080489.thumb.jpg.3b0ac2533e30d12b6a24b114982527e5.jpg8835318.thumb.jpg.f7fc915bd2ed86539b18a41dcddd3058.jpg