Bullnose Forums

1984 F150 - highly optioned 5K mile survivor with many photos.

I saw this thing on FB a few days ago.

What is up with the front bumper? Is it missing the bumperettes or whatever they're called? The gaps in the plastic molding look kind of odd to me.

And, it also seems odd to me for a truck to have all the best options and only the little type-5 mirrors.

Still nice though;)>

I saw this thing on FB a few days ago.

What is up with the front bumper? Is it missing the bumperettes or whatever they're called? The gaps in the plastic molding look kind of odd to me.

And, it also seems odd to me for a truck to have all the best options and only the little type-5 mirrors.

Still nice though;)>

Oh, and somebody painted the kms on the speedometer...

They never came like that did they?>..

Lucille is a Lariat that has almost every single option Ford offered in 1985, and it came with the smaller mirrors. It is unusual though; most of them got the larger mirrors.

And the km scale is usually completely faded out on these trucks. The one on Lucille has faded a bit, but still has a little color. The model year brochures from the mid-1980s show them as being painted orange. However, I have seen some that were painted white, and others that were light blue or gray.

IMG_1398.jpg.42b0798d6bb33d8a119ec8f1e401cb01.jpg

Lucille is a Lariat that has almost every single option Ford offered in 1985, and it came with the smaller mirrors. It is unusual though; most of them got the larger mirrors.

And the km scale is usually completely faded out on these trucks. The one on Lucille has faded a bit, but still has a little color. The model year brochures from the mid-1980s show them as being painted orange. However, I have seen some that were painted white, and others that were light blue or gray.

Interesting stuff.

What about the bumper on that thing. Did they come that way too? It looks kinda odd...

Gary, I cannot copy the photo of the NOS intermediate duty speedometer in my truck. It shows what the km scale looked like originally. You photographed it and it can be found in the Truck Show thread dated 11/13/18. Please make available so the others can see.

Thanks! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Gary, I cannot copy the photo of the NOS intermediate duty speedometer in my truck. It shows what the km scale looked like originally. You photographed it and it can be found in the Truck Show thread dated 11/13/18. Please make available so the others can see.

Well ain't that interesting...I just went back to look at the picture of the F800 cluster I got a few months ago, and it shows the inner gauge is colored (in my case, miles).

IMG_6378.jpg.ce3d897ceaac5c90524883eac99ff7dc.jpg

I guess the fact that the one in the truck above is so bright really caught my eye. I took a look at my 1984 cluster the other night before I asked this question, and the numbers in mine appear to be all white.

I'll have a better look at it again tonight when I get home.

David - I right-clicked the picture, clicked "Copy image address", then clicked Insert Image here and pasted the link into the "Or copy an image from the Internet" field - making sure that the existing "http://" got overwritten.

But I could have also copied the image if I'd wanted.

Anyway, here 'tis:

DSCN3232.jpg.f58d4df0d87d9d2f58da7ee63fcb29c3.jpg