Bullnose Forum

Salan's 1980 Something

salans7

In any case, nice job man. Looks good.

Need a windshield too, huh?...lol.

Thanks!

That's my $250 mistake. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Yes nice job.

I also don't think I get all that much heat coming from any of them areas for the need to put mat down.

At some point I want to install carpet and that should take care of the noise & any heat coming from that area.

Just my .02

Dave ----

Thanks!

My heat worries are based on my daily driver, which isn't a bullnose/bricknose so it may not have the same issues. But I'd rather take care of it now than later when everything is in the truck.

So the 5 sheets you ordered won't be enough to also do the doors? I was asking to figure out how many sheets I'll need.

Not in my case. I figure at least one sheet will go to the roof panels, another will go to the floors, another to the back wall, and the remaining will go to the outer door skins. That leaves the inner door skins bare. If you choose not to use a whole sheet on the transmission tunnel like I did, and plan out where you put all of your sheets, you could probably make the 25 sq ft last for everything. But I'll end up ordering another 10sq ft for the doors at a later date.

• 2 weeks later...

In any case, nice job man. Looks good.

Need a windshield too, huh?...lol.

Thanks!

That's my $250 mistake. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Yes nice job.

I also don't think I get all that much heat coming from any of them areas for the need to put mat down.

At some point I want to install carpet and that should take care of the noise & any heat coming from that area.

Just my .02

Dave ----

Thanks!

My heat worries are based on my daily driver, which isn't a bullnose/bricknose so it may not have the same issues. But I'd rather take care of it now than later when everything is in the truck.

So the 5 sheets you ordered won't be enough to also do the doors? I was asking to figure out how many sheets I'll need.

Not in my case. I figure at least one sheet will go to the roof panels, another will go to the floors, another to the back wall, and the remaining will go to the outer door skins. That leaves the inner door skins bare. If you choose not to use a whole sheet on the transmission tunnel like I did, and plan out where you put all of your sheets, you could probably make the 25 sq ft last for everything. But I'll end up ordering another 10sq ft for the doors at a later date.

And now I have a hood again. All the used hoods around here are full of cancer or more than a few hours away so I decided to go pick up a Taiwanese replacement from NPD. Metal is definitely thinner than an original hood, but this isn't a show truck anyway.

Gary, if you're reading this, do you by chance still have the measurements for the hood letters? I can probably find them on FTE if not.

20200422_132407.jpg.06549b5139fbfef82e349b6ba6406389.jpg

Screenshot_20200422-141553_Gallery.thumb.jpg.d85176b638a1f721b19c0f88cb886b57.jpg

And now I have a hood again. All the used hoods around here are full of cancer or more than a few hours away so I decided to go pick up a Taiwanese replacement from NPD. Metal is definitely thinner than an original hood, but this isn't a show truck anyway.

Gary, if you're reading this, do you by chance still have the measurements for the hood letters? I can probably find them on FTE if not.

Do you mean the letters themselves or the spacing thereof?

Do you mean the letters themselves or the spacing thereof?

Spacing, sorry. If I recall correctly, you measured them out on Rusty at one point and posted the pictures.

Let's see if this works. These pics are of Dad's original hood, which I still have. The R & D are both 2" wide at the base. So I measured from one to the other and get 13 3/8", which appears to be the same for the other letters. But since the O is wider you can't use the same measurement technique and I only eyeballed it.

FORD_Letter_Spacing_Wide_View.jpg.f5c6ebbeaf56468e2c6d24b2ff6931dc.jpg

FORD_Letter_Spacing_Closeup.jpg.5e5d6e6e497b1958b1c9b324ef04e0a0.jpg

Let's see if this works. These pics are of Dad's original hood, which I still have. The R & D are both 2" wide at the base. So I measured from one to the other and get 13 3/8", which appears to be the same for the other letters. But since the O is wider you can't use the same measurement technique and I only eyeballed it.

Thanks Gary! How about a reference from the edges of the F and the D to the body line of the hood?

Thanks Gary! How about a reference from the edges of the F and the D to the body line of the hood?

That's actually a good question. But, let's see how good these several answers are:

Hood_D_To_Edge_-_Wide.thumb.jpg.0b273cf3f5b38160ce3d78fe298e429a.jpg

Hood_D_To_Edge_-_Close.thumb.jpg.03395dac185526e614bcf0b649289b6f.jpg

Hood_D_To_Body_Line_-_Wide.thumb.jpg.fa547d14e874de7409dc0008e9e28ec4.jpg

Hood_D_To_Body_Line_-_Close.thumb.jpg.2be5cea59b6ed17b7ebea26015736e36.jpg

I didn't get lined up as well on the F to edge as the D since it is hard to get to, so I'm guessing that the actual reading should be 13 1/16".

Hood_F_To_Edge_-_WIde.thumb.jpg.43d27ce754c6f1e8b458bf88dc53470c.jpg

Hood_F_To_Edge_-_Close.thumb.jpg.f4ef49e82ff1e6cc6f0664b59deeb6f3.jpg

Hood_D_To_Front_Edge.thumb.jpg.010794b15c9148d34dbe482c4c418444.jpg

Hood_R_To_Front_Edge.thumb.jpg.f9dc1ac68a3a2ebf8085f1fe7cbf8388.jpg

That's actually a good question. But, let's see how good these several answers are:

I didn't get lined up as well on the F to edge as the D since it is hard to get to, so I'm guessing that the actual reading should be 13 1/16".

Perfect! Thanks Gary! :nabble_smiley_good: