Bullnose Forums

Speedometer "Head" Only and B & R Auto Wrecking

I was searching Ebay for other junk this morning with my coffee, and I came across this instrument cluster listing below for a "Speedometer Head" from an 80-86 Bronco. First of all, we know it's from a diesel truck, and not a Bronco, but I hadn't heard of an instrument cluster being called a speedometer head before. Is this a familiar term to you guys?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Speedometer-Head-Only-MPH-Without-Trip-Odometer-Fits-80-86-BRONCO-12860163/233122889897?fits=Model%3ABronco&hash=item36473500a9:g:~i4AAOSwdqNcWeIc:rk:9:pf:0

I've searched instrument clusters before, and there's usually between a half dozen and a dozen of them listed on Ebay. If you search for speedometer head and bronco, it brings up many many more of them. Odd...it must have something to do with the way Ebay auto-populated the auction data when you're creating the listing?

Maybe this speedometer head stuff is already well known to everybody but me...lol. If so, have a chuckle at my expense.:nabble_smiley_hurt:

Just to add to this...

This one seller bandrauto appears to have a whole yard full of Bullnoses. Looks like they're in Oregon...or at several locations? Is anybody familiar with them? Looks like they have quite a few listings for instrument clusters (err...speedometer heads) with tachometers for reasonable prices.

Not sure if this link will work, but it was a search on their store for 80-86 bronco...it brings up a lot of Bullnoses...

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_ssn=bandrauto&LH_PrefLoc=&_from=R40&_trksid=p2499338.m570.l1312.R1.TR0.TRC0.A0.H0.TRS5&_nkw=80-86+bronco&_sacat=0

I have heard "speedometer head" before, and I think it stems from way back when the gauges were separate so it made sense to call it that. But it doesn't make sense any more.

However, you now know another term for your searches.

As for the link, it did work. And they do have a lot of neat trucks, or parts thereof. Good finds. :nabble_smiley_good:

I may have used B and R before in Eugene Oregon. Lost a vacuum pump on a 1988 7.3 I used to own, in the mountains.

Moved some belts around, limped in to Oakridge. Next morning no one had a pump, limped in to Eugene to get a used one.

That was almost twenty years ago.