Bullnose Forums

New Member, Long Time Bullnose Owner

salans7

Hello fellow bullnose owners, my name is Shaun and I've been a short-time lurker but with my newly acquired purchase I have decided to join the forum and share my knowledge. I recently picked up a 1986 Ford F250 4x2 that I will be "restoring" from the ground up. However, about the only thing that I have left of the truck is the frame and axles. Haha. More on that later.

I previously owned a 1980 F150 that I bought when I was 15. It started life as an F100 4x2 Custom trim, with a 4.9 300 I6 and a C6 automatic. I did about ten years worth of work to the truck, including a V8 swap, 4x4 swap, complete interior swap, and also upgraded the trim level to a Ranger Lariat. I loaded the truck with factory options, and by the time I was done, it looked 100% factory, and only the trained eye could tell what it started life as. Unfortunately after ten years of no progress on getting the truck running, I became burnt out and decided to sell the truck to focus on more important things in life.

blah.jpg.72af51b2dd41c860c17a4af1888e58cf.jpg

I can't say I regret that decision, but it left me itching for another bullnose. And that's where my 1986 F250 comes in. But this time, I'm headed in a different direction. Rather than make it look nice, I'm gonna focus first and foremost on turning it into a running and driving truck. Once that is sorted out, then I'll focus on looks and options.

DSCN1946.jpg.b560ea6cf1d50c5a9ba09b6bde73bf5b.jpg

Welcome! You have a big head start with your bullnose experience!

Shaun - So glad you joined!!! I like the truck, but I really liked the other one. :nabble_smiley_wink:

We have a member's map: Bullnose Forum/Member's Map. May I add you? Ocala still?

For those that don't recognize Shaun's previous truck, he is Fordzilla on FTE. A wonderful guy and a great addition to our family.

WELCOME!!!

Shaun - So glad you joined!!! I like the truck, but I really liked the other one. :nabble_smiley_wink:

We have a member's map: Bullnose Forum/Member's Map. May I add you? Ocala still?

For those that don't recognize Shaun's previous truck, he is Fordzilla on FTE. A wonderful guy and a great addition to our family.

WELCOME!!!

I recognize Fordzilla!

Thank you guys for the warm welcome!

Gary, feel free to add me, I am still in Ocala.

As for the truck, I'm personally an early (80-81) bullnose guy, and although this is a 1986, I plan to turn it into a 1980 Ranger trim clone. I'll create a build thread with updated pictures there since about the only thing I have left is the frame and axles plus some extra parts that I may re-use on the rebuild. ;)

Thank you guys for the warm welcome!

Gary, feel free to add me, I am still in Ocala.

As for the truck, I'm personally an early (80-81) bullnose guy, and although this is a 1986, I plan to turn it into a 1980 Ranger trim clone. I'll create a build thread with updated pictures there since about the only thing I have left is the frame and axles plus some extra parts that I may re-use on the rebuild. ;)

You are now on the map.

And I look forward to the build thread.