Bullnose Forums

Tempting ‘86 project Bronco

I know for really rough wheeling the F250/F350 axles are probably the way to go...
Just more weight to drag around, and less ground clearance. The tires will always limit how much torque the axles actually get - an axle that can handle 1,000 lb-ft is overkill under a lightweight truck whose tires can never grip more than 200 lb-ft off-road, no matter what the engine can put out.

I know for really rough wheeling the F250/F350 axles are probably the way to go...
Just more weight to drag around, and less ground clearance. The tires will always limit how much torque the axles actually get - an axle that can handle 1,000 lb-ft is overkill under a lightweight truck whose tires can never grip more than 200 lb-ft off-road, no matter what the engine can put out.

The seller got back with me, twice. Here are the answer to my questions:

1. Do you have a clear title to it? Yes

2. Why was it taken off CL and the price raised? 3' of snow and 6' of mud, I verified that runs

3. You said "It runs", but does it run well enough to get on a trailer easily? once you get the front rotors free

4. Why was it parked? I got a new truck

5. Beyond a tuneup, is the engine solid? Does it use oil? In other words, will it have to be rebuilt soon?

rear main seal leaked

6. You said "Need it gone." But I'm in Oklahoma, so how soon would I need to pick it up? the same day as I have your money

7. You say "some rust". What is rusted? Can you provide pics of the rusted areas? the ad pics show all, the back of the front right fender, right and left b-pillars, the right rear wheel arch, tailgate bottom edge

8. I see that some of the body panels are a different color to others. Do you know what happened and what was done? don't know

9. Where are you in the chain of owners and where was the truck used most of its life? I am the current owner, don't know

Then, in answer to my email that I have a friend in the area that would like to look at it for me, he responded "If you are going to buy the Bronco, you need to look at it. If he wants to buy the Bronco, he needs to contact me. I do not deal with third parties. A prospective buyer half way across the country is suspisious enough for me to not waste my time, but here I am wasting my time."

I'm slow, but I think I'm starting to figure out why the Bronco hasn't sold? :nabble_anim_confused:

Thoughts, y'all?

2. Why was it taken off CL and the price raised? 3' of snow and 6' of mud, I verified that runs

3. You said "It runs", but does it run well enough to get on a trailer easily? once you get the front rotors free

5. Beyond a tuneup, is the engine solid? Does it use oil? In other words, will it have to be rebuilt soon?

rear main seal leaked

6. You said "Need it gone." But I'm in Oklahoma, so how soon would I need to pick it up? the same day as I have your money

7. You say "some rust". What is rusted? Can you provide pics of the rusted areas? the ad pics show all, the back of the front right fender, right and left b-pillars, the right rear wheel arch, tailgate bottom edge

8. I see that some of the body panels are a different color to others. Do you know what happened and what was done? don't know

9. Where are you in the chain of owners and where was the truck used most of its life? I am the current owner, don't know

Then, in answer to my email that I have a friend in the area that would like to look at it for me, he responded "If you are going to buy the Bronco, you need to look at it. If he wants to buy the Bronco, he needs to contact me. I do not deal with third parties. A prospective buyer half way across the country is suspisious enough for me to not waste my time, but here I am wasting my time."

I'm slow, but I think I'm starting to figure out why the Bronco hasn't sold? :nabble_anim_confused:

Thoughts, y'all?

My gut feeling is to let this one pass. You already have quite a bit on your plate! :nabble_anim_handshake:

rear main seal leaked

Thoughts, y'all?

Wow. What an A-hole. I’m sorry Gary. With an attitude like that it’s hard to want to work a deal with him at any price...

My gut feeling is to let this one pass. You already have quite a bit on your plate! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Thanks guys. I think that's four out of four as my gut says the same thing.

I'll write him a nice not and apologize for taking his time. I'm tempted to share a link to this thread so he can see how he comes across, but I guess I'd better not. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Thanks guys. I think that's four out of four as my gut says the same thing.

I'll write him a nice not and apologize for taking his time. I'm tempted to share a link to this thread so he can see how he comes across, but I guess I'd better not. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Gary, I would simply write back saying, "Thank you for your time."