Bullnose Forums

1982 F100 Flareside ... AKA: Old Blue

cnichols44

Great story Old Blue, and nice project you've got there.:nabble_anim_handshake:

I'm a big fan of the Bullnose Flaresides. My current machine is an 84 Flareside that I call the "Blue Mule". Full disclosure, I stole the name from the cabover Ford from the movie White Line Fever (1975).

When I was a kid, I couldn't get enough of that stuff...Smokey & The Bandit, Convoy, etc. My father was crazy about that stuff, and as a kid I was too...lol. The truck in White Line Fever was the star of that movie, and the name stuck with me all these years. I had a dark blue 1980 F100 Flareside back in the early 1990's, and even back then, that truck was affectionately named the Blue Mule.

Keep us posted on your build. You're surrounded by Bullnose fanatics on this forum;).

Who's a fanatic????? :nabble_anim_blbl:

(Let's see, I only have two Bullnose trucks, as well as a part or two. And a website. And a forum. Fanatic? :nabble_smiley_wink:)

Great story Old Blue, and nice project you've got there.:nabble_anim_handshake:

I'm a big fan of the Bullnose Flaresides. My current machine is an 84 Flareside that I call the "Blue Mule". Full disclosure, I stole the name from the cabover Ford from the movie White Line Fever (1975).

white-line-fever.jpg

When I was a kid, I couldn't get enough of that stuff...Smokey & The Bandit, Convoy, etc. My father was crazy about that stuff, and as a kid I was too...lol. The truck in White Line Fever was the star of that movie, and the name stuck with me all these years. I had a dark blue 1980 F100 Flareside back in the early 1990's, and even back then, that truck was affectionately named the Blue Mule.

Keep us posted on your build. You're surrounded by Bullnose fanatics on this forum;).

That's funny! I always think of that when I hear or read the Blue Mule somewhere! I really liked those shows too. Great picture!

Welcome! Thanks for sharing your truck’s history, that is a neat story. And I love the truck! If you can make it to the show and get together in September you won’t be disappointed 😁

Hmmm... is it just me or does the guy in front of the Blue Mule remind anyone else of Chris Tubutis? :nabble_smiley_grin: