Bullnose Forums

1982 F100

Nice truck. The oil leak can probably be fixed easily/cheaply. :nabble_smiley_good:

When the trucks are relatively original like this one, I think it's pretty safe to assume they're leaking in some way or another...lol.

I can't speak to the 300.6 that's leaking in this truck, but having both original 84 and 85 302 engines, I can say that they were both leaking oil badly enough they might as well not have had any valve cover gaskets at all...lol (or oil pan gaskets for that matter). Those original cork gaskets seem like they were really awful.

Nice truck. The oil leak can probably be fixed easily/cheaply. :nabble_smiley_good:

When the trucks are relatively original like this one, I think it's pretty safe to assume they're leaking in some way or another...lol.

I can't speak to the 300.6 that's leaking in this truck, but having both original 84 and 85 302 engines, I can say that they were both leaking oil badly enough they might as well not have had any valve cover gaskets at all...lol (or oil pan gaskets for that matter). Those original cork gaskets seem like they were really awful.

Cork dries out and shrinks. So trucks that have set for a long time tend to have problems.