Bullnose Forums

My "little" project

PetesPonies

Man, if I were that close on Dad's truck, which I can't even imagine, I'd be chomping at the bit to get it on the road! So, I'll bet you are as well.

Except that I bounce around. I have a customer's '70 Mustang. I have a couple of my own, then there is the Esso Station, a motorcycle of mine and a customer's motorcycle to paint. Add to that another customer's Mustang which I really haven't started yet . . so I'm busy :)

Except that I bounce around. I have a customer's '70 Mustang. I have a couple of my own, then there is the Esso Station, a motorcycle of mine and a customer's motorcycle to paint. Add to that another customer's Mustang which I really haven't started yet . . so I'm busy :)

Well, I'm sure glad that I don't bounce around. :nabble_smiley_blush:

(Let's see, church, family, website, Dad's documentation, Big Blue, Dad's truck, ....)

I brushed a bedliner in the bed, then used a drop in under rail bedliner on top of it. The bed had some pretty good sized dents and to me, wasn't worth the effort to try and remove. The drop in liner does the trick. But I wanted to protect the metal, hence the brushed in liner. Then added the tailgate protection and tool box.

Its lookin' good Pete!

I love bouncing . . keeps me interested.

Yes, I do as well. Dad's truck is a long, slooooow, slog. So I have to hit it hard for a while, then put it away for a bit and get something else done, and then come back to it. Otherwise I'd burn out.

Thanks Rem.

Yes I agree Gary. I'm working on the grille, should have it finished by the end of the week . .fingers crossed.

Thanks Rem.

Yes I agree Gary. I'm working on the grille, should have it finished by the end of the week . .fingers crossed.

I sprayed the grille with Master Series Silver, then some epoxy. The epoxy gives me the ability to do other things on top of it, much easier. There is still some welding needed as I need to make some mounting brackets and weld to this grille. But I wanted to get the grille sanded and primed and I can do the finish bodywork on top of the epoxy. But it's always a big step to get something in primer :)

64_grille_first_primer.jpg.c5794ae6f7c8f6c2bcf2b34d51aec6dc.jpg

I sprayed the grille with Master Series Silver, then some epoxy. The epoxy gives me the ability to do other things on top of it, much easier. There is still some welding needed as I need to make some mounting brackets and weld to this grille. But I wanted to get the grille sanded and primed and I can do the finish bodywork on top of the epoxy. But it's always a big step to get something in primer :)

So you spray Master Silver. Does it take lacquer thinner to clean up?

So you spray Master Silver. Does it take lacquer thinner to clean up?

MS can be sprayed or brushed. So it depends on what I am doing. I would say I brush it more often though. Yes lacquer will clean it up. If it needs to be thinned to spray, you use urethane reducer.

MS can be sprayed or brushed. So it depends on what I am doing. I would say I brush it more often though. Yes lacquer will clean it up. If it needs to be thinned to spray, you use urethane reducer.

Poor angle because of where I moved the truck. But taped in place to measure for bracketry.

Grille_taped_in_place.jpg.bc1c30ce6f49738172313b5aed15a3f2.jpg