Bullnose Forums

My 1981 F150

Frank Wyatt

Cool! I've only used sideband in the past five years or so.

I've had a CB in every car or truck I have owned since I was 16. I think I have my old CB FCC license somewhere.

I took the CB out of my truck. May put one back in. The day I did put it in, after I was done with the SWR, I was switching through the channels and picked up a bunch of traffic.

Went in the garage and got on my Cobra Base and we had some good skip. Talked to someone in Ohio and Tennessee from here in southern Oregon.

I hope I wasn't sounding like an "expert", because I'm not. Just always had fun with them and even used them for work.

white knite, I was thinking of getting a whip antenna. Great, now I'll be researching that and ordering an antenna and...:nabble_smiley_happy:

I'm not old enough that I ever had to have a licence, but I have been in and out of CB for about thirty years now. With the steel whip on the roof my truck, it's really high up in the air. It hits low hanging limbs but that's not a problem for the whip plus it is up where it can perform at it's best. Any radio I install in my vehicles, I consider performance for transmit and receive to be top priority.