Bullnose Forums

My 1981 F150

Frank Wyatt

Is that an old Alpine tape deck? I remember having one that had very similar buttons!

The AM/FM is not an Alpine, it says JSC on it's front bottom to the left of the buttons. The CB is a Regency CR123M 23 ch with sideband. It was made @1975 or so. I removed the factory radio mounting bracket and made my own back around 2010 when I got this truck.

Cool! I've got a Cobra 148 sideband and a President, I think, Grant, mobile sideband.

I have a Cobra sideband base. And a President Lincoln II 10 meter, mobile. It also has the 11 meter band.

And I rarely use them, hardly anybody on CB's around here.

Got my HAM license and the 10 meter thinking that's where people are, but, nope.

Cool! I've got a Cobra 148 sideband and a President, I think, Grant, mobile sideband.

I have a Cobra sideband base. And a President Lincoln II 10 meter, mobile. It also has the 11 meter band.

And I rarely use them, hardly anybody on CB's around here.

Got my HAM license and the 10 meter thinking that's where people are, but, nope.

There's several of us on the radio around here. I also have a Mirage 88 mobile, a Galaxy Saturn and a Royce 1-642 bases as well as two Black Face Johnsons and one White Face Johnson. My mobile antennas are all hard mounted. The truck is mounted through the roof just above the interior light with the coax fished up through the passenger b pillar. I usually run a 102" whip on both my vehicles but I am temporarily using a 5' Wilson fiberglass antenna until I pick up another steel whip.

There's several of us on the radio around here. I also have a Mirage 88 mobile, a Galaxy Saturn and a Royce 1-642 bases as well as two Black Face Johnsons and one White Face Johnson. My mobile antennas are all hard mounted. The truck is mounted through the roof just above the interior light with the coax fished up through the passenger b pillar. I usually run a 102" whip on both my vehicles but I am temporarily using a 5' Wilson fiberglass antenna until I pick up another steel whip.

Wow, this takes me waaaaaay back. WA0FFF was the handle back then. And 11 meter is CB IIRC. I used to work 80 and 40 with my Heathkit transmitter and Knightkit receiver - the latter I still have, I think.

Wow, this takes me waaaaaay back. WA0FFF was the handle back then. And 11 meter is CB IIRC. I used to work 80 and 40 with my Heathkit transmitter and Knightkit receiver - the latter I still have, I think.

Cool! I've only used sideband in the past five years or so.

I've had a CB in every car or truck I have owned since I was 16. I think I have my old CB FCC license somewhere.

I took the CB out of my truck. May put one back in. The day I did put it in, after I was done with the SWR, I was switching through the channels and picked up a bunch of traffic.

Went in the garage and got on my Cobra Base and we had some good skip. Talked to someone in Ohio and Tennessee from here in southern Oregon.

I hope I wasn't sounding like an "expert", because I'm not. Just always had fun with them and even used them for work.

white knite, I was thinking of getting a whip antenna. Great, now I'll be researching that and ordering an antenna and...:nabble_smiley_happy: