Bullnose Forum

Need Some Help - Front Axle Bushings

Gee, that sounds like the same grease Poly Bushings sent me for the Chrysler bushings, is it green? BTW, that "burn out the rubber" is exactly the procedure Johnny Spiva recommends for his suspension bushings and the "insert the sleeve after the bushings are in place" also is in his instructions.

No, this stuff is clear. And I'm going to have to go over things with a rag and alcohol to see if I can get that stuff off. It seems impossible to get all the pieces in place and the parts shoved into the bracket on the frame w/o getting some on your hands and, therefore, onto the axle. :nabble_smiley_cry:

No, this stuff is clear. And I'm going to have to go over things with a rag and alcohol to see if I can get that stuff off. It seems impossible to get all the pieces in place and the parts shoved into the bracket on the frame w/o getting some on your hands and, therefore, onto the axle. :nabble_smiley_cry:

The grease is probably common silicone, which doesn't dissolve in anything common. Auto paint suppliers usually have aerosol silicone remover.