Bullnose Forums

New guy with an 81 Bronco

James81

So I can't seem to find the snap ring that you are talking about. is it in the outer groove or is it around the axle shaft itself?

I have installed two of the bolts from the cap in the holes to see if I could pull it out and it maybe moves 1/32 if an inch so something is till holding it in :nabble_anim_confused:

My problem is that I have the hubs apart and on the bench, so how they came apart is well in the past. But that is something I'm working on. In the interim, here's the lock ring I'm talking about. Do you have it out?

And, by the way, to post pics click the Insert Image button above, then Choose File and then Insert Image. But if it comes back saying the pic is too big, and the limit is 1Mb, then just click Big Size and Insert Image.

DSCN3378.jpg.14406247652f424b22d63df6f65a3f87.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My problem is that I have the hubs apart and on the bench, so how they came apart is well in the past. But that is something I'm working on. In the interim, here's the lock ring I'm talking about. Do you have it out?

And, by the way, to post pics click the Insert Image button above, then Choose File and then Insert Image. But if it comes back saying the pic is too big, and the limit is 1Mb, then just click Big Size and Insert Image.

okay just got that snap ring off. still won't come out though

Happy to help. That's what this forum, and the accompanying website, is for.And, speaking of the website, I'm scanning in the section on the Front Drive Axle as I type. :nabble_anim_working:
Hey thanks for the help gave it a tough pull and it came right out 

On Sat, Feb 9, 2019 at 12:47 PM Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

Great!

And, when you get to it the instructions for the front axle are on page Driveline/Axles & Differentials and the Front Axles & Differentials tab followed by the Instructions tab.

Just wanna again say thank you so much for all your help today, you were a lifesaver :nabble_anim_handshake: got the u joints replaced on both sides, now time for lower ball joints tomorrow, but first a drink tonight while I clean up after my mess :nabble_anim_drunk:

Just wanna again say thank you so much for all your help today, you were a lifesaver :nabble_anim_handshake: got the u joints replaced on both sides, now time for lower ball joints tomorrow, but first a drink tonight while I clean up after my mess :nabble_anim_drunk:

Happy to help. I'm sorta working on the same thing, so thought we could use those bits from the factory shop manual in an easy-to-find place.

Happy to help. I'm sorta working on the same thing, so thought we could use those bits from the factory shop manual in an easy-to-find place.

Got any tips for lower ball joints? I got factory service info for them but they want me to use a ball joint press and I would rather just use my BFH