Bullnose Forums

Motorcraft FA 704 extra capacity air filter

Interesting. That filter element was only used on 1980-86 trucks w/the 300 six, and it notes "w/unleaded fuel and heavy duty air cleaner".

It appears to be identical to my filter except for the extra wrap on the outside of the filter itself. I guess that means that I have the heavy duty air cleaner. I believe the "tear drop" air cleaner style that I have has the potential to allow more air flow to the engine with the filter being the limiting factor. That said, I don't believe that my engine will ever see the air flow limit of my air cleaner or the air filter's maximum flow limit.

It appears to be identical to my filter except for the extra wrap on the outside of the filter itself. I guess that means that I have the heavy duty air cleaner. I believe the "tear drop" air cleaner style that I have has the potential to allow more air flow to the engine with the filter being the limiting factor. That said, I don't believe that my engine will ever see the air flow limit of my air cleaner or the air filter's maximum flow limit.

I'd often wondered which cleaner was the HD one, and I'll bet you are right - it is the tear-drop one. :nabble_smiley_good: