Bullnose Forums

Twin snorkle air cleaner - reasonably priced

However, Rick has one, or at least a similar one on his truck, so maybe he knows?

Here's a pic below of Rick's engine bay....or is it Lucille's engine bay?. I have two of these air cleaners now myself and just got new correct (finally!!) decals for them recently.

18057841_10211356104609814_7398371384279362369_n.jpg.8278ed488e2b5b32694b1b07b58ea29f.jpg

Yes, David is right. It will fit the carb. The question is will it hit the A/C compressor. I don't think so, but it is hard to tell.

However, Rick has one, or at least a similar one on his truck, so maybe he knows?

That Ebay ad is incorrect.

That air cleaner was only available on the 1982 Ford Mustang GT. It was made specifically to fit the Motorcraft 2150 2-barrel carburetor the Mustang GT had that year. You can tell by the smaller base and higher dome. Notice the sticker reads "5.0 Liter H.O." It will *not* fit a 4-barrel carburetor without modification.

The 1983 - 1985 dual-snorkel air cleaners had a larger base and flatter dome to fit the Motorcraft/Holley 4180 4-barrel carburetor that the Mustang GT used for those years. The sticker on it will read "5.0 Liter 4V H.O."

Lucille has a 1984 - 1984 Mustang GT air cleaner and it fits over my Ford/Autolite 4100 4V carburetor perfectly. As you can tell from my pictures, the driver's side snorkel is offset from the center by design, which allows it to clear the A/C compressor. I didn't have to make any modifications at all to this air cleaner. The only thing you will have to do is put the PCV valve in the driver's side valve cover and the breather in the passenger's side valve cover - just like the Mustangs had it.

It was if Ford designed it for these trucks as well as the Mustangs. :nabble_smiley_good:

Here's a pic below of Rick's engine bay....or is it Lucille's engine bay?. I have two of these air cleaners now myself and just got new correct (finally!!) decals for them recently.

How is the drivers side flex hose connected to the core support? Is there a left handed version? I played around with a spare one that I have but it's angled the wrong way to sneak around the radiator on that side.

How is the drivers side flex hose connected to the core support? Is there a left handed version? I played around with a spare one that I have but it's angled the wrong way to sneak around the radiator on that side.

Turn it upside down. Worked perfectly on Big Blue, and looks like it would on Dad's truck.

The 1983 - 1985 dual-snorkel air cleaners had a larger base and flatter dome to fit the Motorcraft/Holley 4180 4-barrel carburetor that the Mustang GT used for those years. The sticker on it will read "5.0 Liter 4V H.O."

:nabble_smiley_good:

Like this? [NOS]

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-1984-1985-FORD-MUSTANG-FOX-BODY-5-0L-HO-AIR-CLEANER-BASE/351190412620?epid=1855885096&hash=item51c4946d4c:g:tWoAAOSwnDZUF06m:rk:34:pf:0

And here is a used complete one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1983-85-FORD-MUSTANG-GT-HO-DUEL-SNORKEL-AIR-CLEANER/333020953772?hash=item4d89987cac:g:fLYAAOSwF0VcQSXi:rk:22:pf:0