Bullnose Forums

Looking for a part...

1986F150Six

Like this one? Very similar.

From the 1973/79 Heavy Truck catalog, it looks like the part # would be D9TZ 9430-A, which is what the box would say according to Bill and Chris, but the part would be marked D7TE 9430-EC. Rear Counter says there are 4 of them in captivity, although I didn't request a price.

300_Exhaust_-_Heavy_Truck.thumb.jpg.947c9a8bced542f75b91da9426ce0e83.jpg

But Stevens Parts says there is a D7TE 9430-FC casting number. So, with the one Jonathan posted and the one Pete found, I'm thoroughly confused.

300_Exhaust_-_Stevens_Parts.thumb.jpg.2bf399e735d552fcde7c12a3ed7952ab.jpg

From the 1973/79 Heavy Truck catalog, it looks like the part # would be D9TZ 9430-A, which is what the box would say according to Bill and Chris, but the part would be marked D7TE 9430-EC. Rear Counter says there are 4 of them in captivity, although I didn't request a price.

But Stevens Parts says there is a D7TE 9430-FC casting number. So, with the one Jonathan posted and the one Pete found, I'm thoroughly confused.

The one I found . .is sitting on my shop floor :)

Like this one? Very similar.

Sadly that is the regular straight six manifold. You can tell right away by the 45* outlet angle, two bolt head pipe flange, and heat "flapper". The HD manifold points basically straight down, and has a three bolt head pipe flange. The exit diameter is much larger which is the whole point of upgrading.

http://bullnose-enthusiasts.12971.n8.nabble.com/file/n2088/300_Exhaust_-_Heavy_Truck.jpg

http://bullnose-enthusiasts.12971.n8.nabble.com/file/n2088/300_Exhaust_-_Stevens_Parts.jpg

There are versions with and without the threaded pipe port in the rear for EGR tube? Also there was some discussion about a version with four bolts attaching the intake log to the exhaust log. This one won't work for us unless you get the matching 4 bolt intake. It would be good to get to the bottom of this to know for sure which ones will work with our intake and which ones won't.

Here is a good reference thread on the HD manifold:

https://fordsix.com//viewtopic.php?f=2&t=56939

Edit: if anyone is wondering why David does not just buy a new one from Stevens, evidently these Chinese cast reproductions have a problem with cracking... and they are not exactly inexpensive to turn around and have that happen. That is why it is worth the effort to hunt down an OEM part.