Bullnose Forums

Super clean low mileage '84 F150 on Ebay

That's a very nice truck! I sent the seller a note asking if we can immortalize that truck in the Picture Gallery section.

Gary,

Odd question...I noticed that this truck has a ground strap from the firewall to the hood (on the right hand side). The 1985 F150 I just bought also has this, but my 1984 F150 does not.

Was this something that was only on certain models or was it supposed to be on ALL of them?

That's a very nice truck! I sent the seller a note asking if we can immortalize that truck in the Picture Gallery section.

I watched the video, and that truck seemed to require a lot of cranking before it fired up.

Lucille fires up MUCH faster than that.

Gary,

Odd question...I noticed that this truck has a ground strap from the firewall to the hood (on the right hand side). The 1985 F150 I just bought also has this, but my 1984 F150 does not.

Was this something that was only on certain models or was it supposed to be on ALL of them?

Cory, that ground strap helps with reducing radio interference, I believe.

Gary,

I *think* that ground strap is for the optional underhood light.

I agree with Rick/Fonzie. I can't find the kit right now, but I'm pretty sure that ground shows as one of the parts in the underhood work light kit.

I am sure you two are most likely correct, but the 1984 [my son's] and my 1986 both have the ground strap and neither was equipped with the underhood work light.