Bullnose Forums

1984 part out includes "Rosewood"

Picked up an 84 xlt longbed straight 6 rwd saddle interior with rosewood inlays/bezels for dash and doors. All I'm taking off of it are headlight bezels, grille mouldings, driver side door, hood, and seat. Everything else is up for grabs. Door panels are crap but other interior pieces are intact. Now I have two grilles (both 82-86 type). Radio isn't original (I dont think), its clarion or something, but that is up for grabs as well.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what does non din mean and how can i tell which one it is?

A non din radio has two mounting shafts, one on each side of the radio. One shaft is the volume control, the other is your tuning control. A DIN style is how they do them now, just a rectangle that gets stuffed into a rectangler hole in the dash.

A non din radio has two mounting shafts, one on each side of the radio. One shaft is the volume control, the other is your tuning control. A DIN style is how they do them now, just a rectangle that gets stuffed into a rectangler hole in the dash.

DIN is the German Institute for Standardization, an independent platform for standardization in Germany and worldwide. It issues "any of a series of technical standards originating in Germany and used internationally, especially to designate electrical connections, film speeds, and paper sizes."

DIN is the German Institute for Standardization, an independent platform for standardization in Germany and worldwide. It issues "any of a series of technical standards originating in Germany and used internationally, especially to designate electrical connections, film speeds, and paper sizes."

In this case, I was describing what I meant by "non DIN style radio" to Blackdog.

Yeah its non din. Two knobs. I'll have it out and photo'd today. How much were you looking to spend on it?

Yeah its non din. Two knobs. I'll have it out and photo'd today. How much were you looking to spend on it?

Thanks. I'm looking forward to the photos. The Jenson I had in my truck died on the FM side and I got tired of the limited AM selection in my area. I have replaced it yesterday but I am still interested. It's nice to have a spare.