Bullnose Forums

New Facebook, Pinterest, etc Menu

Thanks for the :nabble_smiley_good:. We've tried to make this simple, clean, logical, and w/o adverts, and it is good to know that we are achieving that.

And, we do have a very good community. Or family. And, we try to be "family friendly", which is important to me.

In fact, on Facebook I have a rule that someone that uses the "f" word gets blocked. I don't just hide the comment, I block the user. That sure is cutting the number of such posts that I see down on the FB pages I follow.

But, you have a very good point - a lot of the poor manners that happens on FB is because there are so many people on those pages that some think they are anon. Here, we get to know each other and behave like friends. :nabble_anim_handshake:

I've started reading a bit about tracking social media shares, and found a site where I can sign up and automatically get the results, or manual search. So I did some checking of the ones I'd been listing before, and they are identical.

But, notice that you can click the drop-down on any of them, as I've done on the forum itself (garysgaragemahal.com) and get more detail. So we've had 616 shares on FB, there have been 327 reactions and 75 comments to those shares.

And, notice that there are NO Pinterest pins. NADA. Apparently Ford guys aren't into Pinterest. So, we could easily delete that button.

Anyway, I'm still learning. So if you have suggestions, ideas, guidance please let me know.

Sharecount_03312019.thumb.jpg.0d76c35d00945c04c6dcd9d7ed5c301f.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've started reading a bit about tracking social media shares, and found a site where I can sign up and automatically get the results, or manual search. So I did some checking of the ones I'd been listing before, and they are identical.

But, notice that you can click the drop-down on any of them, as I've done on the forum itself (garysgaragemahal.com) and get more detail. So we've had 616 shares on FB, there have been 327 reactions and 75 comments to those shares.

And, notice that there are NO Pinterest pins. NADA. Apparently Ford guys aren't into Pinterest. So, we could easily delete that button.

Anyway, I'm still learning. So if you have suggestions, ideas, guidance please let me know.

I think Pinterest is a pretty high percentage of women. I am not saying women do not own or work on older Ford trucks, but the majority of them do not care about automotive things. Most of Pinterest tags seem to be life hack ideas, cooking, DIY home/craft projects and the likes. That is what my wife and her friends use it for anyways.

I think Pinterest is a pretty high percentage of women. I am not saying women do not own or work on older Ford trucks, but the majority of them do not care about automotive things. Most of Pinterest tags seem to be life hack ideas, cooking, DIY home/craft projects and the likes. That is what my wife and her friends use it for anyways.

And, for that reason I've turned Pinterest off in the buttons..

Could someone do a test or two for us? I'd like to know what you see when you click the "email" button. Could you try that and then describe what you find, what the email looks like when you get it? Or, do you get it? Nothing happens when I do it.

Perhaps I don't have it set up correctly. But yesterday there were supposedly two emails sent.

Also, anyone with a Twitter account? What happens when you click that button?

And, for that reason I've turned Pinterest off in the buttons..

Could someone do a test or two for us? I'd like to know what you see when you click the "email" button. Could you try that and then describe what you find, what the email looks like when you get it? Or, do you get it? Nothing happens when I do it.

Perhaps I don't have it set up correctly. But yesterday there were supposedly two emails sent.

Also, anyone with a Twitter account? What happens when you click that button?

I got this. Capture.png.5944e7494695dd73001bb2952d57647f.pngAnd then Outlook tried to open, I say try because I don't use it and don't have it set up.

Interesting. So it is trying to open Outlook, which I don't use either. Thanks for trying. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Hmmm, let's see what others get......

I was wondering why none of the social media buttons showed up for me, I use google chrome. Note the screenshot with chrome on the left, IE on right. The links only seem to work on Internet Explorer, others that use Chrome might be able to confirm this. I never really use Internet Exploder, and my home network is significantly locked down running through a VPN and secondary dedicated firewall so it could just be my stuff affecting chrome. Some of my work items require elevated security, so like I said it could just be me.

Untitled.thumb.png.5af10c9162345dddf9dd4aa6cb6b44c0.png

download.jpg.f9d72c3d58bce627a6390a8fa447e8b8.jpg

I was wondering why none of the social media buttons showed up for me, I use google chrome. Note the screenshot with chrome on the left, IE on right. The links only seem to work on Internet Explorer, others that use Chrome might be able to confirm this. I never really use Internet Exploder, and my home network is significantly locked down running through a VPN and secondary dedicated firewall so it could just be my stuff affecting chrome. Some of my work items require elevated security, so like I said it could just be me.

I use Chrome all the time and I have them on the left side of the screen if I'm full screen. But if smaller than about 3/4 screen they show up on the bottom.