Bullnose Forums

electrical Gremlin on the '82 Bronco

Gsmblue

Today was an annoying day. For the last few weeks my tacho has been working, then when driving today it stopped working and the fuel gauge stopped working! All the other gauges work as normal.

Where on earth do I even start.

I have been looking at the 85 EVTM and I have cleaned the C208A connector with no change. So i am wondering what wires should I be tracing through which connectors or what components I should be testing if any.

Any advice welcomed, as always!

I’m out and about, so a quick response now and another later. On the fuel gauge, pull the wire at the sender, ground it, and turn the key on. The gauge should slowly peg. If it does then you have a sender problem.

It pegged!

So I dug out the contact cleaner and gave the 208A connector a good wipe down, then pulled the nuts on the tach and cleaned the printed tracks, cleaned the nuts and put them back on making sure they got good contact.

All working again! Thanks for the help!!!

It pegged!

So I dug out the contact cleaner and gave the 208A connector a good wipe down, then pulled the nuts on the tach and cleaned the printed tracks, cleaned the nuts and put them back on making sure they got good contact.

All working again! Thanks for the help!!!

Yippee!! Glad it worked.

I think "dummy lights" are the PC way to say "idiot lights". :nabble_smiley_wink:

Gary is correct. The reason I asked re: idiot lights is that gauges which suddenly go dead can sometimes be caused by a sticking ignition switch. If the dash has idiot lights rather than gauges, this would not be so readily apparent.