Bullnose Forums

Wiring assembly; dome light? [E0TZ-13A709-A] - NOS

That's the dome-only harness. The dome/map harness is better because it will work for dome-only lamps, AND also for those with map lights. And AFAIK, the harness is interchangeable for '80-up to whenever the pickups got the CHMSL. I'm not sure about the later ones with cargo lamp, but I think they'll work on older trucks. Broncos are wired slightly differently, because they have an interior cargo lamp (even the old ones) instead of cab-mounted.

So look for the latest dome/map harness that will plug into your truck; or if it doesn't plug in, splice on the matching pigtail so it does. You can probably simply transfer your original pins into the later connector shell without cutting any of your wires, to make a later one work.

That's the dome-only harness. The dome/map harness is better because it will work for dome-only lamps, AND also for those with map lights. And AFAIK, the harness is interchangeable for '80-up to whenever the pickups got the CHMSL. I'm not sure about the later ones with cargo lamp, but I think they'll work on older trucks. Broncos are wired slightly differently, because they have an interior cargo lamp (even the old ones) instead of cab-mounted.

So look for the latest dome/map harness that will plug into your truck; or if it doesn't plug in, splice on the matching pigtail so it does. You can probably simply transfer your original pins into the later connector shell without cutting any of your wires, to make a later one work.

I had to look that one up. Center High Mounted Stop Lamp.

Cool!

I had to look that one up. Center High Mounted Stop Lamp.

Cool!

Thank you for the translation!

Going to slightly hijack this thread :nabble_smiley_blush:

How does one remove that J hook end from the cab roof rail? Specifically looking for how to do it on a supercab.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand the question. Are you asking about how to disconnect the wiring retainers? Or the connector? Or???

I'm sorry, but I don't understand the question. Are you asking about how to disconnect the wiring retainers? Or the connector? Or???

Sorry, the end opposite the harness connector. They have a black hook piece with a threaded hole in it. That piece pivots up into the cab roof through a square-ish hole, snaps in and then the light screws into the threaded hole. So the piece serves as both the support and connectivity. I don't have a complete end piece to see how they latch up in there as mine both broke. Will be pulling from a jy truck and don't want to mess it up as there aren't many supercabs there to practice on :)

Sorry, the end opposite the harness connector. They have a black hook piece with a threaded hole in it. That piece pivots up into the cab roof through a square-ish hole, snaps in and then the light screws into the threaded hole. So the piece serves as both the support and connectivity. I don't have a complete end piece to see how they latch up in there as mine both broke. Will be pulling from a jy truck and don't want to mess it up as there aren't many supercabs there to practice on :)

Ahhh! Yes, I know the piece. And I, too, would like to know the right way of getting them out. Unfortunately my way breaks them. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Ahhh! Yes, I know the piece. And I, too, would like to know the right way of getting them out. Unfortunately my way breaks them. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Looks like we follow the same steps :D

My worst case scenario plan as the moment is this:

Take a battery powered cut off wheel to the jy

Cut a center section out of the roof support that contains the connectors

Dissect from the backside after heating up the parts a little with a blow dryer