Bullnose Forums

Gary Walker's Pantera w/TMeyer Engine To Be On My Classic Car

Oh I like those old Panteras. I'll try to keep an eye on this.

I was pumping gas at a Texaco back in highschool (1980's) and a guy used to come in with a black one of these. He was always wearing fancy sunglasses and driving gloves...haha. For a small town hick like me, it was an interesting and memorable experience hearing that car take off.

Oh I like those old Panteras. I'll try to keep an eye on this.

I was pumping gas at a Texaco back in highschool (1980's) and a guy used to come in with a black one of these. He was always wearing fancy sunglasses and driving gloves...haha. For a small town hick like me, it was an interesting and memorable experience hearing that car take off.

Cool!

X2 on the cool!

True story....

My mentor had quite a collection of wonderful vehicles. He had a 1971 Pantera which he bought new. It was driven very little and garaged. It was red and had every factory "update" as they were issued. Knowing that it would be available for only a short time, he purchased several of anything which might be damaged in a light accident [i.e. bumperettes, turn signals/bezels, tail lights, headlights, etc.] and factory weather stripping for doors, hood and engine compartment. While parked, the doors were slightly opened as well as the hood and engine compartment, to relieve the rubber weather stripping.

I took a short road trip with him and the Pantera was smooth, powerful and handled beautifully!

One day, Mr. Adams wanted to access parts in a storage cabinet located in front of the parked Pantera. He asked me to move the Pantera???!!! I started the engine [wonderful throaty sound], gingerly placed the transmission in reverse and backed the car approximately 15'.

That describes my total driving experience in a DeTomaso Pantera! :nabble_smiley_blush:

True story....

My mentor had quite a collection of wonderful vehicles. He had a 1971 Pantera which he bought new. It was driven very little and garaged. It was red and had every factory "update" as they were issued. Knowing that it would be available for only a short time, he purchased several of anything which might be damaged in a light accident [i.e. bumperettes, turn signals/bezels, tail lights, headlights, etc.] and factory weather stripping for doors, hood and engine compartment. While parked, the doors were slightly opened as well as the hood and engine compartment, to relieve the rubber weather stripping.

I took a short road trip with him and the Pantera was smooth, powerful and handled beautifully!

One day, Mr. Adams wanted to access parts in a storage cabinet located in front of the parked Pantera. He asked me to move the Pantera???!!! I started the engine [wonderful throaty sound], gingerly placed the transmission in reverse and backed the car approximately 15'.

That describes my total driving experience in a DeTomaso Pantera! :nabble_smiley_blush:

Cool!!! I don't know that I've ever even SEEN a Pantera. I guess I need to get out more. :nabble_smiley_sad: