Bullnose Forums

Seat bottom frame - NOS

I always assumed that super cabs had bucket seats. Easier to get in and out.

The two 86's I have are bucket but my dad's 84 XL Diesel is a split bench - both sides fold up. I think it's a bit easier to get in the back with because you can grab the top of the folded bench as opposed to the buckets being up at the visor. But you do lose some foot space getting in since you have to deal with the corner of the bench so probably a toss up.

The two 86's I have are bucket but my dad's 84 XL Diesel is a split bench - both sides fold up. I think it's a bit easier to get in the back with because you can grab the top of the folded bench as opposed to the buckets being up at the visor. But you do lose some foot space getting in since you have to deal with the corner of the bench so probably a toss up.

Interesting!

Interesting!

Kind of funny but since that was the truck I grew up in I always that it was the norm and buckets were the oddity. In fact, it wasn't until my dad saw my 86 parts truck this weekend (with buckets) that he finally believed me that the ones in Camano (86 driver) weren't a swap/aftermarket :)

Also a little interesting to me at least is that the split bench has the release levers at the top on the sides of the seat rather than that triangular piece you see at the bottom of benches in regular cabs.