Bullnose Forums

New member from Eastern Canada

Peter Taker

IMG_0558.jpeg.4f9ee1919cbdc439942fd227d8ead852.jpeg

This is my 1986 F-150 I bought last fall in Gaspésie, QC. It's 2wd with a 300/4spd at the moment. Once winter is over, I plan on swapping in a 351W from a '1994 F-150 along with the tranny and transfer case to make it 4x4. I also have a 2003 F-250 for the heavy duty axles. So far that's the plan, i'll see how the swap goes this spring, but hopefully it'll be back on the roads before the end of summer. I'll probably attempt to paint it myself, i'm thinking black and leaving some parts chrome to keep it a bit classy.

And I guess that's it. I've got a big project ahead of me. A lot of reading, a lot of searching, a lot of wiring. Plus nearly 60 years of hot rodding to catch up on small block Fords. This is gonna be fun lol.

Anyone else here from Canada?

Peter - Welcome! :nabble_anim_handshake:

As for others in Canada, the answer is yes. You can see that on the member's map. (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map.) And I'd be happy to add you to it if you'd like. Just give me a town/city.

Nice truck. :nabble_smiley_good: And interesting plans. Is the '94 an automatic? It'll surely be EFI, so are you planning on swapping it to a carb?

Yes, it should be fun. Be sure to start a thread in the main section so you can document and we can follow your "fun". :nabble_smiley_wink:

As for others in Canada, the answer is yes. You can see that on the member's map. (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map.) And I'd be happy to add you to it if you'd like. Just give me a town/city.

Nice truck. :nabble_smiley_good: And interesting plans. Is the '94 an automatic? It'll surely be EFI, so are you planning on swapping it to a carb?

Yes, it should be fun. Be sure to start a thread in the main section so you can document and we can follow your "fun". :nabble_smiley_wink:

Welcome! :nabble_smiley_good:

Anyone else here from Canada?

Few regular Canucks on here Peter! I'm in Nova Scotia, and there's Vinny in NL (You'll probably want to talk to Vinny regarding your proposed engine swap, he is really good with the EFI trucks). There's RAY in SK, and Gtanns in BC has a nice 4x4 Bullnose project currently. There are others, but you might be the first from Quebec;).

For Gary ---> Magdalen Islands, QC

I'm not exactly sure what i'll do yet, but probably stay EFI for reliability. If i can be in the 300hp range i'll be satisfied for now. It's going to be my daily driver for the winter. Automatic is a must, manual trucks are just a pain imo. I won't be doing that much offroad, so automatic is just fine with me. Whenever i feel like beating on something i got another toy for that. Here's some pics of my baby.

20431667_10159011028965133_938240271233721042_n.jpg.eff0a4fb6928dfc2145601319cb3fc2e.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg.c41e9fcbef21ce92bfb923efc0d3f856.jpg

You've done a great job on this website, i assume it must have been very time consuming.

Thanks for the help !

For Gary ---> Magdalen Islands, QC

I'm not exactly sure what i'll do yet, but probably stay EFI for reliability. If i can be in the 300hp range i'll be satisfied for now. It's going to be my daily driver for the winter. Automatic is a must, manual trucks are just a pain imo. I won't be doing that much offroad, so automatic is just fine with me. Whenever i feel like beating on something i got another toy for that. Here's some pics of my baby.

You've done a great job on this website, i assume it must have been very time consuming.

Thanks for the help !

Peter - You are now on the map. But, just barely as there's precious little land there! Wow. However, you, Cory, and Vinny when he comes up for the summer are close to each other.

On the '94, it should be an E4OD - right? That requires a controller, and since you are retaining the EFI you'll be good to go. But there will be a little bit of wiring, and your to-be neighbor Vinny appears to be experienced in that. :nabble_smiley_wink:

And, nice Mustang!

Peter - You are now on the map. But, just barely as there's precious little land there! Wow. However, you, Cory, and Vinny when he comes up for the summer are close to each other.On the '94, it should be an E4OD - right? That requires a controller, and since you are retaining the EFI you'll be good to go. But there will be a little bit of wiring, and your to-be neighbor Vinny appears to be experienced in that. :nabble_smiley_wink:And, nice Mustang!
It’ll be a headache for sure, but I should be fine. I studied as a diesel mechanic for heavy duty trucks and now work at a diesel power plant. I’ll mostly have more questions about gasoline engines than electrical wiring.

Get Outlook for iOS

From: Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address>

Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2019 10:26 AM

To: Peter Taker

Subject: Re: New member from Eastern Canada

Peter - You are now on the map.  But, just barely as there's precious little land there!  Wow.  However, you, Cory, and Vinny when he comes up for the summer are close to each other.

On the '94, it should be an E4OD - right?  That requires a controller, and since you are retaining the EFI you'll be good to go.  But there will be a little bit of wiring, and your to-be neighbor Vinny appears to be experienced in that.  /images/smiley/smiley_wink.gifDad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches

Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow

Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/soon-to-be ZF5/3.55's & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/New-member-from-Eastern-Canada-tp21396p21493.html

To unsubscribe from New member from Eastern Canada, click here.

NAML

Looks like you know what you are doing. I want to do something similar, so hope you'll document it thoroughly.
Sure, I can do that. It shouldn’t be hard to salvage an old F-150 from the 90’s somewheres. They’re giving trucks away down here haha. Easier for them for me to pick them up than to pay to have them towed to the scrap yard.

Get Outlook for iOS

From: Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address>

Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2019 8:40 PM

To: Peter Taker

Subject: Re: New member from Eastern Canada

Looks like you know what you are doing.  I want to do something similar, so hope you'll document it thoroughly.Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches

Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow

Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/soon-to-be ZF5/3.55's & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/New-member-from-Eastern-Canada-tp21396p21539.html

To unsubscribe from New member from Eastern Canada, click here.

NAML