Bullnose Forums

Dash clocks [various]

Those are all the common style of clock. I don't need one, but I'm always on the lookout for the rare push-pull clock, identifiable by its metal rear case. I have one, but I've never found one that still works.

What does "push-pull" mean? That you pull a button out to set it?

What does "push-pull" mean? That you pull a button out to set it?

Yes, the buttons can be pushed & pulled. I'm not sure what they do when pulled because...

...I've never found one that still works.
But the mechanisms inside the clock for those buttons is mind-boggling.

Technically, I DON'T "have" that clock right now... I mailed it to my brother (who repairs MRIs for a living in FL) several years ago, and he hasn't sent it back yet.

Yes, the buttons can be pushed & pulled. I'm not sure what they do when pulled because...

...I've never found one that still works.
But the mechanisms inside the clock for those buttons is mind-boggling.

Technically, I DON'T "have" that clock right now... I mailed it to my brother (who repairs MRIs for a living in FL) several years ago, and he hasn't sent it back yet.

I think I have one of those clocks. I forget which years had them, but I'll look tomorrow and let you know.

I think I have one of those clocks. I forget which years had them, but I'll look tomorrow and let you know.

I was apparently wrong. I can't find the clock for Dad's truck. I know it is here somewhere. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Anyway, that got me to thinking that we didn't have a page on clocks, but we do now: Electrical/Clocks.

Anyone have the instructions for the clock from a 1980 owner's manual?

I was apparently wrong. I can't find the clock for Dad's truck. I know it is here somewhere. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Anyway, that got me to thinking that we didn't have a page on clocks, but we do now: Electrical/Clocks.

Anyone have the instructions for the clock from a 1980 owner's manual?

I have two of the "push button" clocks... never heard or seen a "pull button" clock....