Bullnose Forums

1978 Ford Bronco

Nice truck. Wonder what it will go for. I've put it on my "research list" on eBay so will find out.

But I think it'll go into the high teens. However, I think the ad is very poorly written. And a 351/400M? He doesn't even know what engine is in it? 224 words and not a period?

I have a nephew that is a guru on selling, and buying for that matter, on eBay and Craigslist, and he sometimes dumbs-down his adverts. Perhaps this is someone like he, but better (worse)?

But I think it'll go into the high teens. However, I think the ad is very poorly written. And a 351/400M? He doesn't even know what engine is in it?

You're right Gary. I'd say the engine label is partially to blame here. Not all that long ago, there were three late 1970's Ford trucks at the local pick N pull with 351M engines in them. Funny, the engines were surprisingly intact...I guess nobody wanted them or any parts from them;).

Anyway, I looked at the labels on all of the trying to figure out what engines they were, and they all had that 351/400M thing on them....but all that was doing was indicating what the engine "family" was...

A line or two below that showed the actual displacement;).

But I think it'll go into the high teens. However, I think the ad is very poorly written. And a 351/400M? He doesn't even know what engine is in it?

You're right Gary. I'd say the engine label is partially to blame here. Not all that long ago, there were three late 1970's Ford trucks at the local pick N pull with 351M engines in them. Funny, the engines were surprisingly intact...I guess nobody wanted them or any parts from them;).

Anyway, I looked at the labels on all of the trying to figure out what engines they were, and they all had that 351/400M thing on them....but all that was doing was indicating what the engine "family" was...

A line or two below that showed the actual displacement;).

Yes, it does say "351M/400" but, as you say, that's the engine family. Too many people have construed that to be the engine itself. :nabble_smiley_cry: