Bullnose Forums

Nice 83 Bullnose on Ebay with 25k Orig Miles

It is big money. It’s nice, but if I were in the market (at that price bracket) I’d hold out for one that was more original. Some may consider it upgraded, but I’d rather have the original wheels, valve covers, air cleaner etc.,

I don’t think I’m alone in not wanting decisions like that made for me.

It is big money. It’s nice, but if I were in the market (at that price bracket) I’d hold out for one that was more original. Some may consider it upgraded, but I’d rather have the original wheels, valve covers, air cleaner etc.,

I don't like the wheels. I agree on the engine. And I definitely don't like the price! Wow!

It's a beauty though!

I agree wholeheartedly Jonathan. I'm a guy that likes a clean slate to start with, or at the very least, a mildly modified slate. Often times you can look at a vehicle and quickly add up what the seller has invested, and know that you could be paying about half of what is cost him to build it. That's only IF you want the stuff he spent all his time and money on. I've looked at vehicles that were a good deal, but I was turned off by the things I was going to have to change to make it my own.

Back when I was looking for a Bullnose Flareside, I found one that was painted purple, and I couldn't even go look at the thing in person...lol. It's just not my thing, and it was going to be more than I wanted to get into....seeing as how I would have had to paint the thing immediately after purchase...ha.

It’s nice, but if I were in the market (at that price bracket) I’d hold out for one that was more original. Some may consider it upgraded, but I’d rather have the original wheels, valve covers, air cleaner etc.,

Jonathan, the "old man" [much younger when I met him than I now am], who instilled in me the love for older vehicles, said that by maintaining originality, when time to sell comes, you have a much larger market base. He mentioned that the sales folks spent considerable time researching what the market desired, when the vehicle was designed.

On the flipside of that coin, when young, a friend of mine had a motorcycle and after a while, paid to have his initials professionally painted to the top of the gas tank. Can you imagine how difficult it was for him to find a buyer with the same initials? :nabble_smiley_hurt:

It’s nice, but if I were in the market (at that price bracket) I’d hold out for one that was more original. Some may consider it upgraded, but I’d rather have the original wheels, valve covers, air cleaner etc.,

Jonathan, the "old man" [much younger when I met him than I now am], who instilled in me the love for older vehicles, said that by maintaining originality, when time to sell comes, you have a much larger market base. He mentioned that the sales folks spent considerable time researching what the market desired, when the vehicle was designed.

On the flipside of that coin, when young, a friend of mine had a motorcycle and after a while, paid to have his initials professionally painted to the top of the gas tank. Can you imagine how difficult it was for him to find a buyer with the same initials? :nabble_smiley_hurt:

That's funny!

Janey's car is a GLK, and my initials are GKL. I've thought of swapping the letters, but doubt it'll make much difference when it comes sale time.