Bullnose Forums

[Diesel] Used woodgrain instrument and center bezel; 1980 - 1984

Yes, I have a rosewood diesel bezel and it has the upshift lens. I would say all rosewood diesel bezels have it, since ‘83 was the first year for the 6.9L. In 85/86 the burl wood diesel bezels have the “emissions” lens even though it is unused on these engines.

One odd thing is the lower light module on this bezel says “wait to start”. This is only the 2nd time I’ve seen that. The usual Bullnose module says “glow plug”. My theory is that it may be a service part, since “wait to start” was the wording used on Bricknose and Aeronose light modules. Perhaps they updated it?

Yes, I have a rosewood diesel bezel and it has the upshift lens. I would say all rosewood diesel bezels have it, since ‘83 was the first year for the 6.9L. In 85/86 the burl wood diesel bezels have the “emissions” lens even though it is unused on these engines.

One odd thing is the lower light module on this bezel says “wait to start”. This is only the 2nd time I’ve seen that. The usual Bullnose module says “glow plug”. My theory is that it may be a service part, since “wait to start” was the wording used on Bricknose and Aeronose light modules. Perhaps they updated it?

My 1988 diesel said "Wait To Start" IIRC. I don't think I've looked at a Bullnose diesel.

My 1988 diesel said "Wait To Start" IIRC. I don't think I've looked at a Bullnose diesel.

The later trucks said “wait to start”. Probably that was more self-explanatory than “glow plug” used in the Bullnose clusters. That’s why I speculate that the service parts may have changed wording, and/or very late year 1986’s???

FCCDE74A-7BA2-4CB5-B79B-940D0794030E.jpeg.017fc1e9392355aef08670fbfead63db.jpeg

016D699A-534F-4EA5-8EB1-601C9709FFE2.jpeg.36dbc87fbc031bc64b452b42818797f7.jpeg