Bullnose Forums

Seat Belts

I wonder if by chance the seat belts were lengthened during the Bullnose run. I have noticed that the belts in my ‘81 are annoyingly short. They are hard to get on if I am wearing a jacket, and I can’t lean as far forward as I would like to check for cross traffic. They suck. I don’t remember my ‘86 being that tight but maybe it’s just me getting old and fat. My wife is short and busty, so these belts don’t fit her at all. The shoulder strap goes right across her neck.

So... I ordered an extender. The eBay seller was a bit crooked. He posted a pic of a Ford one, but what I got was the Chinese knock off with lousy chrome and an ugly red button. My fault for not reading the fine print thoroughly enough. Seems to work well enough but I wish I had held out for NOS. It definitely fixes my ability to lean forward and wear a jacket. We will see if my wife can wear the belt now. It does not lower the shoulder strap but it does move it to the side, hopefully off of her neck 😬.

That's what my thinking tells me as I am still about the same size that I have been for the last 25 years. The belts in my '85 F250 never seemed short while my '81 doesn't have any excess. However, at least they don't try to strangle me every time I hit a bump like the '80 F150 did.