Bullnose Forums

new memeber from california

jdmfool209

Hey everyone!

My name is Jaime. I'm from Atwater, CA. I recently picked up a bull nose a couple months back. I have been doing things here and there to get it back on the road since the last time it was on the road was back in 2008! It is an 81 ford f250 xlt ranger. It originally came with a 351 but the original owners swapped a Isuzu 6bd1 in it around the mid 80s from my understanding not sure why they went that route but I didn't ask any questions since it was only $100.00! Still have the C6 transmission that it came with. I've been following this fourm for a couple of weeks now to look up information and figured it was time to join!!

IMG_0451.jpg.14194280aa4ebb80655fdb4f19bee354.jpgIMG_0452.jpg.c5cbd81909b19b231d58fbdc9e45a058.jpgIMG_0453.jpg.36c884126c022d5a3b9419501c61499a.jpgIMG_1581121.jpg.aa3bf614ece07e110751f8bdbd583077.jpgIMG_0450.thumb.jpg.2699c138a94aee747ab5ce42ce135bcf.jpg

Welcome!!! Glad you joined! Good to meet you. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Wow, that's an interesting engine swap. Cool! I hope you'll start a thread (in the main section) to document your truck and what you do to it. I'd like to follow along.

By the way, we have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I can easily add you if you'd like.

Welcome- I'm down your way regularly getting my son back and forth to the UCM campus.

That engine swap is an interesting one. I have a neighbor that has that engine in his boat (although it has a turbo) and he says it has over 10k hours on it without a major overhaul (maybe a fish story)!

Welcome! That ~is an unusual and very cool engine swap! Since you were not the one who did it you probably can’t talk too much about it, but I would be interested in any details you know regarding what was required to make it work. And wow. What a deal you got on it!

Welcome! That ~is an unusual and very cool engine swap! Since you were not the one who did it you probably can’t talk too much about it, but I would be interested in any details you know regarding what was required to make it work. And wow. What a deal you got on it!

Welcome! Interesting, should keep you busy.

I have relatives in the Merced area. That is one nice air museum in Atwater!

That engine swap is as cool as the other side of the pillow!!

So that's an inline 6 huh? Is it as hard against the firewall as it looks?

Is it out of a boat or a bus?>..:nabble_anim_confused:

And, being in California...how do you get this thing to pass smog?

So many questions...lol.

Welcome!!! Glad you joined! Good to meet you. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Wow, that's an interesting engine swap. Cool! I hope you'll start a thread (in the main section) to document your truck and what you do to it. I'd like to follow along.

By the way, we have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I can easily add you if you'd like.

It really is! I found a guy out of state that still deals with this engines, so I can still get replacement parts just nothing aftermarket for them. Thank you for the suggestion, I'll definitely be doing that. It is almost road worthy just dealing with a tail light problem at the moment.

That would be awesome, you can definitely add me to the map!

Welcome- I'm down your way regularly getting my son back and forth to the UCM campus.

That engine swap is an interesting one. I have a neighbor that has that engine in his boat (although it has a turbo) and he says it has over 10k hours on it without a major overhaul (maybe a fish story)!

Ah okay! that is awesome! so not to far from me then. From what I have read online and from talking with people that this swaps. They say they are a tough engine and get really good gas mileage. I have a turbo that I'll putting on it. but it is suppose to be like a 12 valve it even has a ppump. who knows how many hours/miles this has but it runs great now that i changed the oil cooler on it.

I got some info from the original owner but not as much i would have liked unfortunately. but from what i have seen from poking around it didn't take much. Especially since it is still using the C6 transmission. Ill get some more pictures of it and I will post them up. For the price I couldn't pass it up. I do want to put a straight axle and make it 4wd ill probably use the dana 60 out of my truck when I put the 05 axle in that one.

Welcome! Interesting, should keep you busy.

I have relatives in the Merced area. That is one nice air museum in Atwater!

Thank you! It has been keeping busy but its diffidently worth it! Yes it is! they haven't been keeping up with it lately from what I have seen.