Bullnose Forums

New Page: Interchange

1994 - 1997 Ford Ranger Heater Control Valve...
That application range is incomplete - it was also used on Explorer/Mountaineers in more years.

https://supermotors.net/getfile/985443/thumbnail/heatervalve.jpg

It's superior to 2-nipple valves because it does NOT block flow through the heater nipples on the engine (which may include important sensors); it only blocks off the heater core.

This is the *last* generation of trucks to use floor vents.
But the actual vent duct & blockoff plate in the cowl remained ONLY on the passenger side through '96/7. The '87-96/7 EEC location caused the driver's vent to be deleted. Among other things, the ESOF module (on trucks so equipped) covers the passenger blockoff plate, making retrofitting the right vent to these later trucks difficult.

I'll need to pick one of those up when I go to the JY. My truck is a factory non-ac truck, but when summer comes, it will help keep excess heat down as the humidity really gets me down any more.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll need to pick one of those up when I go to the JY. My truck is a factory non-ac truck, but when summer comes, it will help keep excess heat down as the humidity really gets me down any more.

If you need dry air, run MAX A/C with the temperature on the warm side.

If you need dry air, run MAX A/C with the temperature on the warm side.

My truck doesn't have A/C. It came that way from the factory and I don't have any plans on installing it. I just see this as a way of eliminating excess heat during the hotter months here in west TN with out disconnecting the heater core.

My truck doesn't have A/C. It came that way from the factory and I don't have any plans on installing it. I just see this as a way of eliminating excess heat during the hotter months here in west TN with out disconnecting the heater core.

The air that comes through the footwell vents comes across the hood, so it's going to be pretty warm - especially in summer. A better way to get rid of cab heat would be the vent shades we discussed earlier.

https://supermotors.net/getfile/1059307/thumbnail/ventshades.jpg

They're easier to install, and they release the hottest (highest) air in the cab.

The air that comes through the footwell vents comes across the hood, so it's going to be pretty warm - especially in summer. A better way to get rid of cab heat would be the vent shades we discussed earlier.

https://supermotors.net/getfile/1059307/thumbnail/ventshades.jpg

They're easier to install, and they release the hottest (highest) air in the cab.

Not a problem as I will have my windows rolled down all the way come summer. Along with the vent wings, floor vents, and my sliding rear window. I just want to prevent inadvertently introducing unneeded heated air into the cab come summer from my heater core. It has not been a problem so far, but my heater core has been by-passed for the past 9 or 10 years because it is busted, but I am planning to replace it come the first of the month.

Not a problem as I will have my windows rolled down all the way come summer. Along with the vent wings, floor vents, and my sliding rear window. I just want to prevent inadvertently introducing unneeded heated air into the cab come summer from my heater core. It has not been a problem so far, but my heater core has been by-passed for the past 9 or 10 years because it is busted, but I am planning to replace it come the first of the month.

I added two documents to the Interchange/Brakes page today:

• A 4-page document on front rotors only. Yes, there is a part number for a "rotor and hub" and a part number for just a "hub". So I set up tabs for Rotor & Hub and Hub Only.

• An 8-page document on rear drums only. Yep, there is a part number for drum & hub, and another part number for the hub only. So I added tabs for them as well.

I added two documents to the Interchange/Brakes page today:

• A 4-page document on front rotors only. Yes, there is a part number for a "rotor and hub" and a part number for just a "hub". So I set up tabs for Rotor & Hub and Hub Only.

• An 8-page document on rear drums only. Yep, there is a part number for drum & hub, and another part number for the hub only. So I added tabs for them as well.

I added another document to the Interchange/Brakes page today. It is on tabs Front Brakes and then Pads/Shoes.

This area is a bit confusing as it shows both "front" and "rear" on there, but the part number of 2001 appears to be front brakes. And there's another set of pages that are for part number 2018, which appears to be the rear brakes, although I don't yet have it scanned.

Is perhaps the reference to front and rear the front shoe and the rear shoe on the front brakes? Do any of you know?

Also, I've included the whole set of pages from that catalog even though it starts in 1951. But the first reference to Bullnose trucks is on Page 5 and the 1975 trucks. So, I could delete the first 4 pages but they really don't hurt anything and might help someone.

Similarly the last Bullnose reference is on Page 14 so I could cut off the last 18 pages. But, they don't hurt anything and you don't have to scroll past Page 14 if you aren't interested.

Thoughts?

I added another document to the Interchange/Brakes page today. It is on tabs Front Brakes and then Pads/Shoes.

This area is a bit confusing as it shows both "front" and "rear" on there, but the part number of 2001 appears to be front brakes. And there's another set of pages that are for part number 2018, which appears to be the rear brakes, although I don't yet have it scanned.

Is perhaps the reference to front and rear the front shoe and the rear shoe on the front brakes? Do any of you know?

Also, I've included the whole set of pages from that catalog even though it starts in 1951. But the first reference to Bullnose trucks is on Page 5 and the 1975 trucks. So, I could delete the first 4 pages but they really don't hurt anything and might help someone.

Similarly the last Bullnose reference is on Page 14 so I could cut off the last 18 pages. But, they don't hurt anything and you don't have to scroll past Page 14 if you aren't interested.

Thoughts?

Rear shoes are 2200.

I wouldn't remove any information, after you've gone to the trouble of uploading it. Someone may need it eventually, so it could potentially attract more users.

Rear shoes are 2200.

I wouldn't remove any information, after you've gone to the trouble of uploading it. Someone may need it eventually, so it could potentially attract more users.

So the "front" and "rear" in the info I posted would apply to the front and rear shoes of the front brakes. That's kinda what I thought, but even the illustrations don't really help on that. Thanks.

As for the info, we are on the same page - leave it in.