Bullnose Forum

New Page: Interchange

All - Keep those ideas coming in! To some extent I need to see how far-ranging the interchange list is going to be in order to know how to organize this page.

I see a spreadsheet in the near future. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Probably not, as I going to use this thread to track the interchange suggestions and additions.

However, if you want to see a SPREADSHEET go here: TSB's/TSB Index and to to the tab on the right - TSB Index Spreadsheet. It is a "living document" that will capture and provide links to all of the TSB's we find.

Right now it has ~800 TSB entries and links to 17 of them, but it will grow as this list doesn't show the late '79 and 1980 TSB's. However, I do have those TSB's and will enter them. Further, there are numerous later TSB's that apply to our trucks, and the list I used as the impetus for this spreadsheet from stopped in mid-'85.

So, with the ~300 TSB's I currently have on paper, and the several hundred Steve83 has on paper, as we scan them and create pages for them I'll add links to the spreadsheet and we will have a fairly decent collection of the TSB's.

Probably not, as I going to use this thread to track the interchange suggestions and additions.

However, if you want to see a SPREADSHEET go here: TSB's/TSB Index and to to the tab on the right - TSB Index Spreadsheet. It is a "living document" that will capture and provide links to all of the TSB's we find.

Right now it has ~800 TSB entries and links to 17 of them, but it will grow as this list doesn't show the late '79 and 1980 TSB's. However, I do have those TSB's and will enter them. Further, there are numerous later TSB's that apply to our trucks, and the list I used as the impetus for this spreadsheet from stopped in mid-'85.

So, with the ~300 TSB's I currently have on paper, and the several hundred Steve83 has on paper, as we scan them and create pages for them I'll add links to the spreadsheet and we will have a fairly decent collection of the TSB's.

Passing on some knformation.

Cab marker lights from 73-97 are identical and do NOT have a FoMoCo part number. They are manufactured by and at the time outsourced by Ford by Truck-Lite. Part number is 25760Y.

Good to know. So, it is these things?

Yes sir those. That's the first FoMoCo part numbers I've seen on them. The OEM ones on Dads 1985 model did not have any FoMoCo markings on it. They had the part number, Truck-Lite branding and "Manufactured in Jamestown, NY" stamped into them. The lights have never been replaced until this past year.

They are Truck Lite's Model #25. If you do notice, these have the correct super light gray bases and not the dark bases of aftermarket brands. That is because these are the correct OEM replacements as used by FoMoCo.

41CF5dxjdL.jpg.97bedc7971a70980735b0ff842571161.jpg

Most F/L/M pre-'92 steering wheels interchange, as do their horn pads regardless of trim (black, chrome, woodgrain...). Of course cruise buttons limit interchangeability. But a pre-'92 tilt/cruise steering column WITH all the cruise wiring, control module, vacuum lines, servo w/throttle cable, & VSS w/speedo cable will interchange with a pre-'92 non-tilt/cruise column. No wire cutting.

https://supermotors.net/getfile/978977/thumbnail/column84.jpg

I was wondering when this topic was going to pop up. A for sale Bullnose I looked at recently had a Bricknose steering wheel in it. I liked the feel of it, but I disliked the look of it. It's not that it was a bad looking steering wheel per se, but it just didn't look like it belonged in the Bullnose interior (IMO).

But...if other wheels will fit, I may look around a little more. I would like something different, but I'd like it to look like it belongs...if that's even possible.

Yes sir those. That's the first FoMoCo part numbers I've seen on them. The OEM ones on Dads 1985 model did not have any FoMoCo markings on it. They had the part number, Truck-Lite branding and "Manufactured in Jamestown, NY" stamped into them. The lights have never been replaced until this past year.

They are Truck Lite's Model #25. If you do notice, these have the correct super light gray bases and not the dark bases of aftermarket brands. That is because these are the correct OEM replacements as used by FoMoCo.

Cool! Glad we connected the catalog with the real thing. I'll add that info to my version of the catalog, as well as the Interchange page. Thanks.

No problem, Gary. One of these days, I am going to write up a front clip conversion for 92-96 trucks to accept a bullnose clip.

Something like described in this thread: Converting 87-96 F trucks to Bullnoses?

This is one of the advantages to a forum over FB - you can easily search it and find what you are looking for. And, if that's not good enough, if someone wanted to they could write up a how-to and we could put it as a page on the website. :nabble_smiley_wink:

The OEM ones on Dads 1985 model did not have any FoMoCo markings on it. They had the part number, Truck-Lite branding and "Manufactured in Jamestown, NY" stamped into them.
Ford doesn't make any Ford parts (for the past several decades). Ford designs most of its parts, subcontracts their manufacture, and then assembles those parts into vehicles. The Ford numbers you see on some parts is the engineering number - not the PN. OE parts without Ford markings are not designed by Ford - they're just common parts that Ford decided to buy & use (like bulbs, fuses, tires, some bolts/nuts/washers, and apparently those roof marker lamp assemblies). That's also how some SVO & other low-production vehicles are created - Ford licenses tweaks & designs from independent speed shops, incorporates them into the assembly line (like the most-recent Mercury Marauders & CV LX Sports), and sells them as RPOs for a few years. In '96, Ford licensed a tweak to the side mirrors by Muth, and added it (randomly) to a few high-trim Broncos, which were the first production vehicles in the world to have side mirrors with turn signals. Now, that's almost standard-equipment.

https://supermotors.net/getfile/1143929/thumbnail/96bevtm1242.gif

The OEM ones on Dads 1985 model did not have any FoMoCo markings on it. They had the part number, Truck-Lite branding and "Manufactured in Jamestown, NY" stamped into them.
Ford doesn't make any Ford parts (for the past several decades). Ford designs most of its parts, subcontracts their manufacture, and then assembles those parts into vehicles. The Ford numbers you see on some parts is the engineering number - not the PN. OE parts without Ford markings are not designed by Ford - they're just common parts that Ford decided to buy & use (like bulbs, fuses, tires, some bolts/nuts/washers, and apparently those roof marker lamp assemblies). That's also how some SVO & other low-production vehicles are created - Ford licenses tweaks & designs from independent speed shops, incorporates them into the assembly line (like the most-recent Mercury Marauders & CV LX Sports), and sells them as RPOs for a few years. In '96, Ford licensed a tweak to the side mirrors by Muth, and added it (randomly) to a few high-trim Broncos, which were the first production vehicles in the world to have side mirrors with turn signals. Now, that's almost standard-equipment.

https://supermotors.net/getfile/1143929/thumbnail/96bevtm1242.gif

That is fantastic information!