Bullnose Forums

TSB Organization, Presentation, etc

Gary Lewis

Wow! Lots of work for me. But, I'm loving it. Thanks.

I'm going to be powder coating today, so will have some time while the parts are in the oven. I doubt I'll get all that done then, but I'll get it done - probably during tonight's football game. :nabble_smiley_good:

As for which ones I'd like, I really haven't looked. So just keep them coming. I have a folder for "Unprocessed TSB's" and then the "Processed TSB's" and will just keep adding what you sent to the unprocessed and will work them when I can.

Yesterday while waiting on the powder to bake in the oven I scanned in several TSB's. Then last night during the football game I added several of them to the website. But, in doing so I discovered that some of the work I'd previously done hadn't stayed "done", or I'd done it incorrectly. So I spent half of the time fixing what was wrong - and even then there may still be some glitches, so please let me know what you see that doesn't work or doesn't look right.

And, in case we are shopping for TSB bulletins, meaning the stapled booklet that the individual TSB's came in roughly every other week, I created a page to track what Steve83 and I have: TSB's/TSB Bulletin List. David/1986F150Six is really good at finding things on eBay and elsewhere, so I've asked him to be on the lookout for good deals on bulletins we don't have, and I thought this page would help him know what we need.

Anyway, along the way I got lost with what I added. But here's what I think I got added. And the part after the ":" is the text that people will see when these pages show up in a search, so please let me know if they are descriptive enough to entice them to click.

• 81-06-16 FRONT WHEEL GREASE SEAL GASKETS: Ford's instructions for installing a new wheel grease seal kit to prevent road splash from contaminating the front wheel seals on 1980 & '81 Bullnose 4x2 trucks.

• 83-25-21 AIR CLEANER SEALING: Instructions for sealing the air cleaner on 1982-'83 Bullnose trucks operated in dusty or off-road conditions.

Yesterday while waiting on the powder to bake in the oven I scanned in several TSB's. Then last night during the football game I added several of them to the website. But, in doing so I discovered that some of the work I'd previously done hadn't stayed "done", or I'd done it incorrectly. So I spent half of the time fixing what was wrong - and even then there may still be some glitches, so please let me know what you see that doesn't work or doesn't look right.

And, in case we are shopping for TSB bulletins, meaning the stapled booklet that the individual TSB's came in roughly every other week, I created a page to track what Steve83 and I have: TSB's/TSB Bulletin List. David/1986F150Six is really good at finding things on eBay and elsewhere, so I've asked him to be on the lookout for good deals on bulletins we don't have, and I thought this page would help him know what we need.

Anyway, along the way I got lost with what I added. But here's what I think I got added. And the part after the ":" is the text that people will see when these pages show up in a search, so please let me know if they are descriptive enough to entice them to click.

• 81-06-16 FRONT WHEEL GREASE SEAL GASKETS: Ford's instructions for installing a new wheel grease seal kit to prevent road splash from contaminating the front wheel seals on 1980 & '81 Bullnose 4x2 trucks.

• 83-25-21 AIR CLEANER SEALING: Instructions for sealing the air cleaner on 1982-'83 Bullnose trucks operated in dusty or off-road conditions.

And, here's the results of a morning-after search for the phrase that is included on the bumper guard and tire carrier TSB, which is "Instructions for dealer installation of bumper guards and swing-away spare tire carrier on 1981 Broncos."

But, note that I did not put quotes around that sentence in the search. I tried it with the quotes and our page comes up #1. In fact, it is the only one. But, no one would be searching for exactly that sentence, so that's not valid.

Morning_After_Search_Results.thumb.jpg.20336341848daaa8d5db3a829bd8662d.jpg

But, it isn't likely that someone is going to search for the sentence I put in. So, what about just searching for the TSB #? :nabble_smiley_wink:

TSB_81-06-13_Search_Results.thumb.jpg.d817272df569c0d379c5f51182ec459d.jpg

And, here's the results of a morning-after search for the phrase that is included on the bumper guard and tire carrier TSB, which is "Instructions for dealer installation of bumper guards and swing-away spare tire carrier on 1981 Broncos."

But, note that I did not put quotes around that sentence in the search. I tried it with the quotes and our page comes up #1. In fact, it is the only one. But, no one would be searching for exactly that sentence, so that's not valid.

But, it isn't likely that someone is going to search for the sentence I put in. So, what about just searching for the TSB #? :nabble_smiley_wink:

The e-brake TSB should link or make some reference to this one:

https://supermotors.net/getfile/723347/thumbnail/tsb985a35ebrakecable.jpg

Ok, I'm confused. (But what else is new?) I was remembering when you said something about having scanned things w/o merging two pages into a single document. But I went back and looked at what you said and that was about calibration information, not TSB's. Right?

So, did you previously tell me that the e-brake TSB was to refer to 98-5A-35? If so, I've missed that somehow.

Also, do you have 98-5A-35 in a pdf so I can add it? If so I'll put some verbiage at the top of the 81-6-17 page to refer the reader to it.

Ok, I'm confused. (But what else is new?) I was remembering when you said something about having scanned things w/o merging two pages into a single document. But I went back and looked at what you said and that was about calibration information, not TSB's. Right?

So, did you previously tell me that the e-brake TSB was to refer to 98-5A-35? If so, I've missed that somehow.

Also, do you have 98-5A-35 in a pdf so I can add it? If so I'll put some verbiage at the top of the 81-6-17 page to refer the reader to it.

I just meant that, because they're related, your PDF page should have some way of letting the reader know that there's another TSB about e-brake cables. You can add a link to my SMN page (like that thumbnail), or get a PDF of that later TSB from somewhere else (like BBBInd), but I only have it as BMP & JPG plus the text in that caption.

BTW

I just noticed I misnamed the welding TSB - it's actually 83-13-04, but my filename is 83-13-03.

I just meant that, because they're related, your PDF page should have some way of letting the reader know that there's another TSB about e-brake cables. You can add a link to my SMN page (like that thumbnail), or get a PDF of that later TSB from somewhere else (like BBBInd), but I only have it as BMP & JPG plus the text in that caption.

BTW

I just noticed I misnamed the welding TSB - it's actually 83-13-04, but my filename is 83-13-03.

I agree that the page needs to reference a later one, like that one. If you have it in bmp or jpg I can create the pdf. Easy peasy, and if it is good/crisp enough I can OCR it.

Can I pick up your text and add it to the page?

On the file name, that's no problem. Now that you've pointed it out I've renamed it.

In general, I'd prefer you link to my pages rather than copy them (particularly any of my original text or images). I link people here, rather than copying your content. For things that are strictly from other publications (like official TSBs), it doesn't matter where you get the text or image since it's all identical. But I assume it will be easier & quicker for you to just get the PDFs from BBBInd.

In general, I'd prefer you link to my pages rather than copy them (particularly any of my original text or images). I link people here, rather than copying your content. For things that are strictly from other publications (like official TSBs), it doesn't matter where you get the text or image since it's all identical. But I assume it will be easier & quicker for you to just get the PDFs from BBBInd.

I'm trying to make this site self-contained because I've seen so many photos become no longer available recently. So if this site is available then all of the docs and pics will be.

However, in your case that's probably not going to be an issue. But I'll see if I can get a good copy of that TSB. Otherwise I'll link to yours.

Thanks.

I'm trying to make this site self-contained because I've seen so many photos become no longer available recently. So if this site is available then all of the docs and pics will be.

However, in your case that's probably not going to be an issue. But I'll see if I can get a good copy of that TSB. Otherwise I'll link to yours.

Thanks.

Steve - I've linked the e-brake TSB to your page. I re-read the BBB user agreement and don't feel good downloading things from their site and then posting it on ours.