Bullnose Forum

Non-EGR spacer for 300/4.9L [D7TZ-9A589-H] - NOS

I don’t have a lot of input regarding what trucks got this EGR delete... except that the junkyard one that I got the sill plate with the emissions tag (without EGR) was a 1986 F250 from Canada. It was a light duty 6300 gvwr with a semi floating rear axle. (Only 200 lbs more than my ‘81 F150! 🤷‍♂️)

Regarding the spacer itself, the one David sent me is slightly different. The engineering number prefix is D3, not D7, and mine does NOT have the vacuum port for the crank case vent hose, which I presume is the function of the large port that you can see on the eBay one.

Mine:

Good info, Jonathan. I've been able to locate both of those spacers in the 1973-79 master parts catalog, and I've added a tab to the page: Engines/300 Six.

I haven't been able to locate the proper gasket for this spacer, so if any of you know please let me know and I'll update the page.

And, I hope it was ok to use those pics.

Good info, Jonathan. I've been able to locate both of those spacers in the 1973-79 master parts catalog, and I've added a tab to the page: Engines/300 Six.

I haven't been able to locate the proper gasket for this spacer, so if any of you know please let me know and I'll update the page.

And, I hope it was ok to use those pics.

Absolutely Gary, I’m always honored to have any of my pics added to a Garagemahal web page. 🙂.

On the gasket, I wonder if it actually would have been different than the EGR one? Obviously it would be nice to have one without a hole, but I expect an EGR one would seal just fine and if you can’t find it maybe Ford considered it unnecessary?

Absolutely Gary, I’m always honored to have any of my pics added to a Garagemahal web page. 🙂.

On the gasket, I wonder if it actually would have been different than the EGR one? Obviously it would be nice to have one without a hole, but I expect an EGR one would seal just fine and if you can’t find it maybe Ford considered it unnecessary?

That's probably the case since I can't find it. But just wondered.

Also, note that I cannot find either of those spacers in the 1980+ MPC. Ford may have had a non-EGR spacer, but it apparently wasn't either of those. Here are the only two shown for 1980-86. Might the leaded fuel one be non-EGR?

1980-86_9A589_Usage.thumb.jpg.1840529b0e4504643145a02357ac20b2.jpg

That's probably the case since I can't find it. But just wondered.

Also, note that I cannot find either of those spacers in the 1980+ MPC. Ford may have had a non-EGR spacer, but it apparently wasn't either of those. Here are the only two shown for 1980-86. Might the leaded fuel one be non-EGR?

Hmmm. That’s interesting Gary. I will have to look around and see if I can turn up any images of the D9 prefix “leaded fuel” carb spacer. I wonder if it is EGR delete and if so what the difference is...

Hmmm. That’s interesting Gary. I will have to look around and see if I can turn up any images of the D9 prefix “leaded fuel” carb spacer. I wonder if it is EGR delete and if so what the difference is...

Oddly enough, D9TZ 9A589-K wasn't used on the '73-79 trucks. -J was, but not -K. :nabble_anim_confused: