Bullnose Forums

Newbie - 78 f-150

WelderScott

Ole_Red.jpg.e314f0579bae7a3fe03ed76dbf856886.jpg

Good Day Ford enthusiasts and thank you Gary for opening up your garage to other classic Fords outside the Bullnoses. I'm just getting started at this and I'd call myself a novice (at best).

This is "Ole Red." A 1978 F-150 4x4 with a 351M motor, NP435 transmission, NP205 transfer case and still has his gun rack in the back window.

I pulled Red out of a barn in western Kansas and he belonged to a friend of mine that would often invite me hunting out there.

in_the_field.jpg.7cd7b52b0597cbffaed8acc8fc99ac0d.jpg

I've already put a lot of work into Red and he is now fairly mechanically sound (with the help of Gary's expertise). I plan on posting my progress with more pics and info for those that may be interested. I look forward to being part of this forum and sharing info with those with common interests.

Hi Scott,

Nice truck, and I like the little welder profile pic!

When I was a kid, my old man had a 1978 F150 4x4 regular cab. It was dark blue with a white roof. It had a 400 with a 4spd.

I love the dentside trucks and would love to have one just like yours.

Welcome, Scott!!! :nabble_anim_handshake:

That looks like Ben, Scott, and Chuck. I'm very sure on Ben and Scott, and pretty sure on Chuck. Right, Scott?

For those that don't know, Scott runs a welding supply house in Tulsa, and is an excellent welder. Yesterday Ben said that Scott can weld chewing gum to chocolate.

And speaking of Ben, he's my friend that owns a fabrication shop and is going to make the rear bumper for Big Blue. He also owns a '78 F150, and I hope he'll join here as well.

Scott - Where was the picture taken? I used hunt pheasant just west of Goodland.

That looks like Ben, Scott, and Chuck. I'm very sure on Ben and Scott, and pretty sure on Chuck. Right, Scott?

For those that don't know, Scott runs a welding supply house in Tulsa, and is an excellent welder. Yesterday Ben said that Scott can weld chewing gum to chocolate.

And speaking of Ben, he's my friend that owns a fabrication shop and is going to make the rear bumper for Big Blue. He also owns a '78 F150, and I hope he'll join here as well.

Scott - Where was the picture taken? I used hunt pheasant just west of Goodland.

Welcome! Nice truck!

Picture was taken in a small town called Paradise KS not too far from Hayes KS.