Bullnose Forums

Help identifying the fuel tank

Thank you both. Any suggestions for what year the bronco might have had that tank? I tried looking up 88 bronco on O'Reilly's website for tank straps and came up empty handed. They only had the smaller tank straps.

Hard to tell, but the listings are here: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/fuel-tanks.html. And the Bronco is series "U".

Have you run it dry and refilled? That should tell you what you have.

It's dry now but the filler neck needs attention. Tried filling it up but it leaked all over

That looks much different than my 1985 Bronco tank and skid plate late which has the 32 gallon steel tank.

On the spreadsheet, it might be the 19/20 gallon one that is listed. I'm not trying to argue, but it just doesn't look anywhere near the same unless someone put a newer Bronco setup on it.

That looks much different than my 1985 Bronco tank and skid plate late which has the 32 gallon steel tank.

On the spreadsheet, it might be the 19/20 gallon one that is listed. I'm not trying to argue, but it just doesn't look anywhere near the same unless someone put a newer Bronco setup on it.

I really don't know as I've not been around the Broncos much.

Having said that, I have a brand new 38 gallon tank that is supposedly an upgrade for the Broncos. It'll fit a pickup but sticks lower than the normal 19 gallon tank. If you measure your tank we can compare it to mine and see if they are close.

I really don't know as I've not been around the Broncos much.

Having said that, I have a brand new 38 gallon tank that is supposedly an upgrade for the Broncos. It'll fit a pickup but sticks lower than the normal 19 gallon tank. If you measure your tank we can compare it to mine and see if they are close.

I can measure mine as it is still on the ground in front of the Bronco. :nabble_smiley_thinking:

Okay, I ran out and measured my tank. It is approximately 22 inches from front to back, 16 inches top to bottom, and 32 inches from side to side.

William

I can measure mine as it is still on the ground in front of the Bronco. :nabble_smiley_thinking:

Okay, I ran out and measured my tank. It is approximately 22 inches from front to back, 16 inches top to bottom, and 32 inches from side to side.

William

Thanks for measuring! That definitely helps. Ill go out and measure mine and see if we are in the same ballpark. I went ahead and had these straps ordered, not knowing if it'll fit or not, but I haven't paid for them, so we'll get to check it out first. They get here Friday evening.Screenshot_20181223-120851.thumb.png.a236756f720de4e0445c4659349a54f9.png