• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're a rockstar Gary! Thanks!

A rock star because I know how to use my own forum? :nabble_anim_confused:

Anyway, by "E85" do you mean the gas that comes by pushing the 85 button? If so, that gas does have ethanol, but it will be no more than 10%. The 85 refers to the octane. That gas isn't good on the carb, but it is far less corrosive than true E85, which has 85% ethanol.

Anyway, by "E85" do you mean the gas that comes by pushing the 85 button? If so, that gas does have ethanol, but it will be no more than 10%. The 85 refers to the octane. That gas isn't good on the carb, but it is far less corrosive than true E85, which has 85% ethanol.

Are you kidding me!? This entire time I assumed E-85 meant the 85 button! Oh my goodness. I called edelbrock technical support about my concerns of using E-85 and if I had to syphon my fuel tank out before I set up my new carb, and they practically yelled at me haha! I got yelled at for no reason? Haha

I spent the majority of today syphoning out my fuel tank today. It was NOT easy haha.

So what fuel does everyone use when ethanol free is unavailable temporarily?

I spent the majority of today syphoning out my fuel tank today. It was NOT easy haha.

So what fuel does everyone use when ethanol free is unavailable temporarily?

All's well that ends well. You won't hurt the carb at all. :nabble_smiley_grin:

As for what I use when I can't push that "88" or equivalent button and get pure gasoline, I use the ethanol stuff. And it depends on what truck I'm in and what I'm doing w/it as to which octane I get. Big Blue is ok running around light on 87 octane. But if you hitch the trailer up you HAVE TO go to 91 or 92 octane or it'll knock, not just ping. (I think the advance curve is set for EGR.) But as soon as I can I pump it full of pure gasoline.

All's well that ends well. You won't hurt the carb at all. :nabble_smiley_grin:

As for what I use when I can't push that "88" or equivalent button and get pure gasoline, I use the ethanol stuff. And it depends on what truck I'm in and what I'm doing w/it as to which octane I get. Big Blue is ok running around light on 87 octane. But if you hitch the trailer up you HAVE TO go to 91 or 92 octane or it'll knock, not just ping. (I think the advance curve is set for EGR.) But as soon as I can I pump it full of pure gasoline.

If you're towing, do you prefer the 91 or the ethanol free? I'm assuming the ethanol free, but just making sure.

If you're towing, do you prefer the 91 or the ethanol free? I'm assuming the ethanol free, but just making sure.

LOL! Here I can get 91 ethanol free. And when I'm towing that's what I use. But, if that wasn't available I'd still have to have the 91 octane, so I'd take the 10% ethanol stuff.

You speak of luxurious gas pumps that only some of us can dream about. Haha.

Here we have several stations that carry ethanol free gas, but we are on a long narrow peninsula with large bodies of water on both sides (Chesapeake Bay on the West and the Atlantic Ocean on the East). I use the 10% ethanol in Darth, the Taurus and Flex. All my small engines get ethanol free premium. I wish the damn Iowa corn farmers lobby hadn't convinced the EPA that that crap was good for us. FWIW, here is what the inside of a gas tank that sat with 10% ethanol in it.

IMG_1844a.thumb.jpg.5e254f20bf8007492af69bea21526321.jpg

IMG_1832a.thumb.jpg.72d283c675f95852d65dd557620c88cf.jpg