Bullnose Forums

HELP! I need new fuel filler necks

IMG_20181214_132953.thumb.jpg.b91348e4347336137052be2f69a90bd9.jpg

Anyways, the issue I am having here is my rear tank leaks from the filler neck when I pump gas. So much so, that I lose more than it's worth to use that rear tank.

My forward tank is the only operable one, but when the tank is full, it leaks out of the filler neck, slightly. I also have to spend about 10 minutes filling up that 18-19 gal tank because I have to fill it up so slowly.

I'm looking for solutions to being able to fill it up faster, but also part numbers or places that you can buy these necks. I have literally found ZERO companies than will sell me a filler neck for this truck, because it's a dually.

Any and all advice would be great! How did you fix this issue? I will see if I can get some photos of what is on there currently, but I can't be too sure those are original either.

I believe the truck was a Cab & Chassis originally.

Yeah, I think it was Lebaront2 that told me, if it's a 4x4 Dually, then no, it never did have a bed on it. It was a cab and chassis truck from day one. 4x4's had beds, and duallies had beds, but 4x4 duallies did not have beds.

I believe the truck was a Cab & Chassis originally.

Yeah, I think it was Lebaront2 that told me, if it's a 4x4 Dually, then no, it never did have a bed on it. It was a cab and chassis truck from day one. 4x4's had beds, and duallies had beds, but 4x4 duallies did not have beds.

Yes, it was a 4x4 from day one. I paid for the vin report and it was referred to as a "custom cab & chassis"

Thanks for that help Gary. I'm still trying to figure that part out haha.

Welcome. I find that making it as easy for people as possible gets the most help.

Is the problem the filler neck or the hose? If the hose, you might consider marine fuel filler hose. It is made for that purpose and if there's one with the right ID to fit the tubing to which it connects it might work. Here's a search that returned several hits on marine fuel filler hose: https://www.google.com/search?q=marine+fuel+filler+hose&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS772US772&oq=marine+fuel+filler&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l5.11750j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8