Bullnose Forums

6-port fuel tank valve for diesel and 460 [E3TZ-9189-C] - NOS

I'm going on memory here, but the first three valves don't look right. They are 5-port valves and I thought the 460's and the diesels take a 6-port. Plus, the ports look to be for hoses and not the quick-connects Ford used. And, the electrical connector doesn't look right.

But the last two have the 6 ports, they appear to be the quick-connect type, and the electrical connector looks correct.

Is my rememberer off the rails again? :nabble_anim_confused:

Anyway, I'm glad to know there are options available at a reasonable price. Thanks!

I'm going on memory here, but the first three valves don't look right. They are 5-port valves and I thought the 460's and the diesels take a 6-port. Plus, the ports look to be for hoses and not the quick-connects Ford used. And, the electrical connector doesn't look right.

But the last two have the 6 ports, they appear to be the quick-connect type, and the electrical connector looks correct.

Is my rememberer off the rails again? :nabble_anim_confused:

Anyway, I'm glad to know there are options available at a reasonable price. Thanks!

No such thing as a 5-port tank switching valve. Those all have 6: 2 on the engine side, and 4 on the tanks side.

The Ford valve is the same one, with the nipples cut off & the quick-connects sonically welded on. For low-pressure (non-'90-up-EFI) applications, it's safe to revert the factory fuel lines to hose; or add adapters from the lines' quick-connects to the valve's nipples.

It's also very easy to swap or adapt electrical connectors - no reason to pay a ridiculous price or use an antique valve (either already damaged by ethanol, or not built to handle it with modern materials).