Bullnose Forum

New Guy - my Flareside story and looking to find a truck!

66gtk

Dad came home with a beautiful '81 blue/white flareside right of the new dealer lot in California. He didn't even know he was going to buy one, but feel in love right there on the lot. When we moved to ND, he sold it in favor of a Jeep Laredo Cherokee. He later tried to buy the truck back, but it had been wrecked. I have lots of memories with that truck and would love to find one or build one just like it. Dad's truck had the freewheelin' package with the black grille. It was fully loaded inside and out and looked just like the one from the promotional add pictured here.

openingF100.jpg.337090654ba99d80be172a863ae42577.jpg

If anybody knows of a truck like this for sale, please let me know. I would like an F150 (not the F100) in a 4x4 configuration. It must be rust free, and by that I don't mean the rust doesn't cost extra (;

I live in MN so this is a tall order around here. I'm not afraid to travel and ship for the right truck.

Troy

Hi Troy,

I think Christopher Lott has one or two of these trucks for sale...although I don't know where he is exactly. One of the other guys on here will know where to look for them...and he has nice quality stuff too.

Edit: Here is one of his trucks...looks like he's in Texas. Wouldn't hurt to contact him...even if he doesn't have exactly what you're looking for, he may come across one or know where there is one...

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/d/1984-ford-f150-stepside/6773922877.html

Hi Troy,

I think Christopher Lott has one or two of these trucks for sale...although I don't know where he is exactly. One of the other guys on here will know where to look for them...and he has nice quality stuff too.

Edit: Here is one of his trucks...looks like he's in Texas. Wouldn't hurt to contact him...even if he doesn't have exactly what you're looking for, he may come across one or know where there is one...

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/d/1984-ford-f150-stepside/6773922877.html

Thank you - I have been in contact with Christopher, and he's also helping me try and find one. Thanks!

Troy - Welcome! :nabble_anim_handshake:

That is a nice looking truck, but it won't be too hard to build one just like it. In fact, the hardest part may be the fog lights, and we see them from time to time as well.

The best place to find rust-free trucks in good shape appears to be the Pacific North West. Some of the guys on here post adverts from there with some really nice trucks for decent prices. I'll bet you'll find something pretty easily.

Thank you - I have been in contact with Christopher, and he's also helping me try and find one. Thanks!

Well, finding a clean and rust free Bullnose Flareside 4x4 is going to be tough. Not impossible, but tough.

I would almost be inclined to buy a nice clean 2wd Flareside and convert it to 4x4;). Easier said than done, I know...but for it would be much more desirable than fixing a rusty one;).

Well, finding a clean and rust free Bullnose Flareside 4x4 is going to be tough. Not impossible, but tough.

I would almost be inclined to buy a nice clean 2wd Flareside and convert it to 4x4;). Easier said than done, I know...but for it would be much more desirable than fixing a rusty one;).

Welcome! Good luck! I see anything I'll post it.

His Facebook group is small but good quality if you do that at all.

What is his FB page called? Or do you mean his own personal page?

He has a group for Freewheelin’ and chromatic stripe Broncos and pickups:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/443736922474997

I've now joined that page. Didn't see a way to join it as the Bullnose Forum, so joined as myself.