Bullnose Forums

Glad to be part of the garagemahal

kramttocs

Hey everyone,

First off Gary - I can't say enough good things about this site. Thanks a lot!

About me - I grew up in bullnoses on the farm as my grandpa bought a new 85 the year I was born and my dad bought an 84 when I was in elementary. A 'fancy' (:nabble_smiley_beam:) 83 was bought in the mid 90's. We drove them all up until around the mid 2000's when they were all phased out but those will always be the trucks I associate them both with. My grandfather gave me his 460 F250 (non running) about 6 years ago and that started my downward spiral.

Primarily I have been into the cab and chassis 1 tons. There's just something about a simplistic, no-nonsense work truck.

This summer though I decided it was time to (somewhat) stop messing around with old farm trucks that have been used as farm trucks and get something a little nicer. My wife's and my definition of nice are far from the same but I am blessed to have someone as willing to humor me as she is.

So in a move that would only make sense to members of this forum (or so I tell myself) I sold my 35+ mpg 2012 Focus and started a search around the country for my 'forever' truck. I had a pretty strict set of criteria and I can't count the times I asked people for photos of the door sticker. It took a couple months of daily searching and driving a rough as a cob 1980 1 ton that pushed the limits of my wife's willingness to be out in public with me but I struck gold in early November. Not only did the truck meet all of my criteria but the gentleman selling it was willing to put up with my questions. Downside - the truck was as far away from me as you could get in the contiguous US. That was an experience in itself but again, everything worked out better than I could have hoped for and the truck made the 2000 mile trip only adding 20 miles to the odometer. I really wanted to fly out there with my 6yr old son and drive it back but with the onset of winter weather the potential for roadside trouble was too high.

I am now the happy owner of a 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6 4x4. I've got a lot of plans for this truck but for right now I've just been taking care of the typical maintenance items so it won't be down for any extended period of time this winter.

That went a little longer than planned for a quick intro. Happy to be here and look forward to the knowledge this site and forum has.

Meant to add - this site was absolutely invaluable when double-checking specs on the trucks I would come across in my search.

Welcome! Stop apologizing for adding detail to your intro! That’s what the section is for, and I for one appreciate folks who take the time to share 🙂.

Welcome! Looks similar to mine. Yours looks better.

7-21-2018.jpg.91a92a9aa3a0647195b0159de7e7f80d.jpg

Without the topper now, got a Weather Guard tool box for it. And different steps, Carr Hoop steps now.

Yes, welcome! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Glad you found us. And, glad the site is helping. That is good to see.

Nice truck. And I like your approach - look until you find the right one, but ship it home. Just too many things that can go wrong on a long trip. I'll look forward to getting to know the truck with your, assumed, progress thread. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Nice truck. And I like your approach - look until you find the right one, but ship it home. Just too many things that can go wrong on a long trip. I'll look forward to getting to know the truck with your, assumed, progress thread. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I forgot to mention that we have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map) which shows the approximate location of many of our members. I can easily add you if you'd like.

Thanks and yes, I need to start a progress thread. Wife is out of town tonight so just the kids and me but maybe I can put something together after they go to bed.

Sure thing on the map - you can put me down in Bolivar MO just north of Springfield.