Bullnose Forums

Anyone Have An NP205 For Sale?

Gary Lewis

So, what I could do is to put the 1356 in BB and have the 1345 rebuilt and that mod done for Dad's truck. Or, and probably better since I want to put Dad's engine/tranny/t-case together before I start on BB, just have BB's 1345 rebuilt while he's down getting the engine EFI'd, etc.

Does it matter to you which one gets the fixed rear yoke? I have heard it claimed that the 1356 is slightly smoother at shifting on the fly. What shape is your 1345 speedometer drive gear in?

I don't know if it does matter which one gets the fixed rear yoke, but I will check that out - although not today as it is raining steadily. However, now that you mention it, I went to great lengths to get the right front output yoke on the 1356 as it came from whatever 90's F350 the ZF came from and had the yoke for the double-cardan shaft.

So, I need to scope out the outputs for both t-cases to see if swapping is even possible.

The 1356 shifts smoother on the fly? I seriously doubt Dad's truck will ever be in 4wd, so....

As for the drive gear on the 1345 on BB, I dunno. It works, but I've never looked. Why? What do you have in mind? :nabble_anim_confused:

I don't know if it does matter which one gets the fixed rear yoke, but I will check that out - although not today as it is raining steadily. However, now that you mention it, I went to great lengths to get the right front output yoke on the 1356 as it came from whatever 90's F350 the ZF came from and had the yoke for the double-cardan shaft.

So, I need to scope out the outputs for both t-cases to see if swapping is even possible.

The 1356 shifts smoother on the fly? I seriously doubt Dad's truck will ever be in 4wd, so....

As for the drive gear on the 1345 on BB, I dunno. It works, but I've never looked. Why? What do you have in mind? :nabble_anim_confused:

Gary, I just didn’t want you to end up “stuck” like me with a bad drive gear and no replacements available anywhere. If it’s working, then you are probably fine, but it’s something to check... as much as I prefer the fixed rear yoke of the 1345, I will probably end up putting my 1356 into the ‘81.

Gary, I just didn’t want you to end up “stuck” like me with a bad drive gear and no replacements available anywhere. If it’s working, then you are probably fine, but it’s something to check... as much as I prefer the fixed rear yoke of the 1345, I will probably end up putting my 1356 into the ‘81.

Does the 1345 really have a fixed yoke? From what I found when looking at this when trying to find parts for the 1356, there were all kinds of combinations on them. Not so the 1345?

As for the drive gear, I'll check it out. Thanks.

I believe all 1345 are fixed yoke. At least I’ve never seen or heard of one having a slip yoke. Some 1356’s were fixed also, but they are exceedingly rare. You can buy a SYE (slip yoke eliminator) for the 1356 but they are not cheap.

I believe all 1345 are fixed yoke. At least I’ve never seen or heard of one having a slip yoke. Some 1356’s were fixed also, but they are exceedingly rare. You can buy a SYE (slip yoke eliminator) for the 1356 but they are not cheap.

Big Blue's 1345 is fixed-yoke front and rear, as is the 1356 I had built for Dad's truck. So, I could slip the 1356 in Big Blue when the ZF5 goes in, and send the 1345 out to be rebuilt - along with the mod to the pump's arm. That way I'd know that we are set for the long haul. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Big Blue's 1345 is fixed-yoke front and rear, as is the 1356 I had built for Dad's truck. So, I could slip the 1356 in Big Blue when the ZF5 goes in, and send the 1345 out to be rebuilt - along with the mod to the pump's arm. That way I'd know that we are set for the long haul. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

There is an NP205 with NP 435 trans (married) for sale on Craigslist in Cincinnati. $400 for combo. May be too far away.