Bullnose Forums

So who has parts vehicles?

PetesPonies

Passenger side is still good.

r side is still good.

Interesting! I've never seen one of those. All I've seen are either part of the door panel itself or of the Rosewood type Jonathan posted. And I thought I'd seen them all.

But, it shows in the catalog on my page here. Note that for 1982 there is one w/o woodgrain insert w/o bright finish moulding. That one, E1TZ 1023943, should be the one you are looking for. You might want to look on eBay as I've never seen one. But I will look tomorrow at the swap meet. 👍

IMG_0453.thumb.jpg.3e48da2cd0a2b1fb50cae7725cb180d9.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting! I've never seen one of those. All I've seen are either part of the door panel itself or of the Rosewood type Jonathan posted. And I thought I'd seen them all.

But, it shows in the catalog on my page here. Note that for 1982 there is one w/o woodgrain insert w/o bright finish moulding. That one, E1TZ 1023943, should be the one you are looking for. You might want to look on eBay as I've never seen one. But I will look tomorrow at the swap meet. 👍

Cool thanks

Pete - The only door panels at the swap meet yesterday were not those with the separate cover. Sorry.

No biggie, thanks. I'm heading to Charlotte at the end of the week for the Auto Fair. I miss Carlisle because Charlotte is maybe, half the size . . but it's my only opportunity since I moved south. Did the door panels also come with a insulation on the inside of them from the factory?

No biggie, thanks. I'm heading to Charlotte at the end of the week for the Auto Fair. I miss Carlisle because Charlotte is maybe, half the size . . but it's my only opportunity since I moved south. Did the door panels also come with a insulation on the inside of them from the factory?

I think they did come with insulation. But I'm not sure that they all had the same amount of insulation.

Haven't been to Charlotte, but have been to Carlisle several times when we lived in SE PA. But, those trips were for Chryslers at Carlisle as I also have a '69 Bee.

My sense is those speaker grilles were never intended to be replaceable/removable, kinda like the chrome trim that's on some of those panels that's just held on with tabs that extend thru the plastic and are bent to affix the trim into place.

Pete - you might consider aftermarket speaker grilles, I'd guess you'd need to go to a JY to disassemble some door panels and see if you can remove the speaker grilles without breaking them - which might be an ordeal depending on the fragility of the plastic.

My sense is those speaker grilles were never intended to be replaceable/removable, kinda like the chrome trim that's on some of those panels that's just held on with tabs that extend thru the plastic and are bent to affix the trim into place.

Pete - you might consider aftermarket speaker grilles, I'd guess you'd need to go to a JY to disassemble some door panels and see if you can remove the speaker grilles without breaking them - which might be an ordeal depending on the fragility of the plastic.

Pete - How 'bout showing us a pic or two of the grille itself? We talked about them at the get-together this weekend and no one remembered them. Are there any #'s on the back?

Pete - How 'bout showing us a pic or two of the grille itself? We talked about them at the get-together this weekend and no one remembered them. Are there any #'s on the back?

I haven't pulled them off yet. I'm still waiting on the title, hopefully tomorrow. So I'm not driving it. To some, the better op to dig into it, but I'll get to it soon enough. Those grilles move, so they are loose or appear to snap into place. That's why I asked about them. They aren't just some perforation. I want to sound proof the inside, so at least it feels more like my Ranger does. I'l probably add carpet, insulation behind door panels etc. I will be recoloring some parts, so I'll have it all apart inside for a quicky redo or update.

I haven't pulled them off yet. I'm still waiting on the title, hopefully tomorrow. So I'm not driving it. To some, the better op to dig into it, but I'll get to it soon enough. Those grilles move, so they are loose or appear to snap into place. That's why I asked about them. They aren't just some perforation. I want to sound proof the inside, so at least it feels more like my Ranger does. I'l probably add carpet, insulation behind door panels etc. I will be recoloring some parts, so I'll have it all apart inside for a quicky redo or update.

Ok, sounds like a plan. What do you use for sound deadening? And what do upyou use for painting vinyl or plastic trim?

Ok, sounds like a plan. What do you use for sound deadening? And what do upyou use for painting vinyl or plastic trim?

Well typically I'm not a big soundproof person. I usually leave stuff OEM. But i feel this low entry f100 hasn't even what was put int the upper models. I'll just use some jute on backs of door panels and floor. Now as far as interior coloring . .yes definitely a certain product. I use Colorbond. It's available in spray cans or bulk for spraying using a gun. It works really well, no complaints. Its more expensive than others, but really in a class of it's own as for performance.

https://www.colorbondpaint.com