Bullnose Forum

gage cluster printed circuit repair/fix.

scbill

Good fix. :nabble_smiley_good:

Another option would be to peen the old brass backer on (if it's salvageable), or a replacement (if you can find/make one). A pop-rivet might even be workable, if you can get a tiny one that doesn't spread much.

Yet another option is to swap to the older-style ICVR with spade lugs, or aftermarket with threaded studs; eliminating those snaps.

https://supermotors.net/getfile/900902/thumbnail/cluster02.jpg

Good fix. :nabble_smiley_good:

Another option would be to peen the old brass backer on (if it's salvageable), or a replacement (if you can find/make one). A pop-rivet might even be workable, if you can get a tiny one that doesn't spread much.

Yet another option is to swap to the older-style ICVR with spade lugs, or aftermarket with threaded studs; eliminating those snaps.

https://supermotors.net/getfile/900902/thumbnail/cluster02.jpg

Or, use a real voltage regulator and solder its wires onto the circuit.

• 2 months later...

Here is an Autorestomod segment I did with Jeff repairing the gauge cluster, give it a look, and hit the like button..Also Jeff is restoring a 72 F100 with some pretty good tips on it, and other vehicles...Thanks, Bill

Gary, If this is not allowed, Please delete it

Here is an Autorestomod segment I did with Jeff repairing the gauge cluster, give it a look, and hit the like button..Also Jeff is restoring a 72 F100 with some pretty good tips on it, and other vehicles...Thanks, Bill

Bill - That's certainly allowed. However, I've not had a chance to review it yet since I'm walking out the door. But will later. And, that's you? Cool!

And, by the way, you can embed it here to make it easier. Just get the "embed" code from Youtube, click the Embed button above, and paste the code between the > and the <.

Bill - Jeff is your nephew? And that’s you, the cat in the hat? Cool!

I watched the whole thing and think we need to have a link to it on the website. But I’m not exactly sure where. Still out and about, but will give it some thought when we get home.

Thanks for sharing. 👍