Bullnose Forums

Ford Hub replacement stickers

reamer

I got the screen made for the replacement F-150, Bronco, Ranger and Bronco II Manual locking hub decal/sticker.

Strange enough, Yes the F-150 and Ranger share the same hub face and decal...

I copied the original. If you ever tore apart the manual locking hub, the face plate sticker is destroyed. I should have them printed and ready for sale by Christmas....

Thoughts?

Now after your body work and paint is done, you will be able to "finish off" the job....:nabble_smiley_good:Ford_Hub_stickers.thumb.jpg.a94709fac42e15bd0f4ca424bef7789e.jpg

Ford_Hub_Screen.thumb.jpg.4bdeb2001c88b9bfb9a805692d1d185f.jpg

Ron - I like them! And, if I didn't have Mile Marker hubs for Dad's truck I'd want a set. Cool! Well done. :nabble_smiley_good:

Same here - I've gone through some MMs, but I'm using factory autos right now; otherwise, I'd be interested in a few sets. But my truck's original hub locks had red knobs, and I'm pretty sure they had "FORD" molded in, with an exposed center screw. So I don't think it would have used stickers like these.

But these Warns (which are also OE for F-series) could certainly use "FORD" stickers!

https://supermotors.net/getfile/1039295/thumbnail/unconverted.jpg

I hope you sell a batch each to BroncoGraveyard, LMC Truck, Mac's Antiques, Tom's Bronco Parts, & any other parts suppliers for these trucks. :nabble_smiley_good:

...and if you can figure out how to duplicate the original Nite & Lightning body stickers, you can retire. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Same here - I've gone through some MMs, but I'm using factory autos right now; otherwise, I'd be interested in a few sets. But my truck's original hub locks had red knobs, and I'm pretty sure they had "FORD" molded in, with an exposed center screw. So I don't think it would have used stickers like these.

But these Warns (which are also OE for F-series) could certainly use "FORD" stickers!

https://supermotors.net/getfile/1039295/thumbnail/unconverted.jpg

I hope you sell a batch each to BroncoGraveyard, LMC Truck, Mac's Antiques, Tom's Bronco Parts, & any other parts suppliers for these trucks. :nabble_smiley_good:

...and if you can figure out how to duplicate the original Nite & Lightning body stickers, you can retire. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Yes, Dad's original hubs had FORD molded in, and they were red.

And, selling to the aftermarket dealers is an excellent idea. :nabble_smiley_good:

Yes, Dad's original hubs had FORD molded in, and they were red.

And, selling to the aftermarket dealers is an excellent idea. :nabble_smiley_good:

Don't all 80's series 1/2 ton trucks and Bronco's have this type hub?

Not sure what you mean by "FORD molded in" unless they are the 3/4 hubs?:nabble_anim_confused:

Stock_Hub.thumb.jpg.b1d31720d945ea205ae2faa43ecece38.jpg

Not sure what you mean by "FORD molded in" unless they are the 3/4 hubs?:nabble_anim_confused:

Ron - I don't have them anymore to tell for sure, but my remembrance is that the FORD lettering was embossed into the plastic on Dad's and there wasn't any label.

Ron - I don't have them anymore to tell for sure, but my remembrance is that the FORD lettering was embossed into the plastic on Dad's and there wasn't any label.

David/1986F150Six supplied a link to a hub for sale on ebay.

That hub fits a bunch of the trucks, but there was another hub used as well. The one below is an E1, or 1981 design. But the other is a D9, or 1979 design. In fact, it is part # D9TZ 1104-A, which was replaced by D9TZ 1K105-A. So if someone can find a pic of those we might have an answer.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.18edefc945e05edf9aac76bfef07acc9.jpg

Not sure what you mean by "FORD molded in" unless they are the 3/4 hubs?

No, my '83 Bronco's original locks didn't have the silver "FORD" stickers. My memory is getting hazy after the past few decades, but the screw was visible in the center, and I think "FORD" was debossed (raised) from the red plastic. Broncos use the same 1/2-ton axle as F150s: the D44IFS. If you spent a few hours decoding the BOMs in this caption & cross-referencing them to known axles & locks, you might be able to figure out which axles got which locks:

https://supermotors.net/getfile/72348/thumbnail/d44ifs-hd.jpg

...D9TZ 1K105-A. So if someone can find a pic of those...
That appears to be just the lock body (the guts); not the dust cap & dial assembly, which is where the sticker goes.

http://rmcavoy.freeshell.org/photos/for_sale/FordLockingHubBody.jpg

The 1104 number is the whole lock kit (both complete lock assemblies).

• 1 year later...