Bullnose Forums

Ranger twin stick to add OD to your 4 speed!!!

That would be a very nice addition to get RPM down and MPG up. Do you know the OD ratio on that?

And, I remember that it works with any of the 4-speeds that have a separate bell housing. And that it won't work for you due to the small input shaft's strength vs the output of your diesel. Right?

Speaking of ratios, I was just thinking that I needed to add to the calculator the ability to check what a Ranger or GV would do. Then it dawned on me that it is already there - just use the Transfer Case ratio variable and enter the gear splitter's OD ratio. :nabble_smiley_grin:

That would be a very nice addition to get RPM down and MPG up. Do you know the OD ratio on that?

And, I remember that it works with any of the 4-speeds that have a separate bell housing. And that it won't work for you due to the small input shaft's strength vs the output of your diesel. Right?

Speaking of ratios, I was just thinking that I needed to add to the calculator the ability to check what a Ranger or GV would do. Then it dawned on me that it is already there - just use the Transfer Case ratio variable and enter the gear splitter's OD ratio. :nabble_smiley_grin:

Gary, the Ranger units are .73 overdrive. And you are correct that they don’t help me much because the input shaft diameter would become an issue. Also, the ranger unit with a T19 pretty much gives me what a ZF does as far as a final ratio. I can’t add a Ranger to the ZF.

https://www.advanceadapters.com/categories/complete-units/91/

Ranger = .73

GVOD = .78

DNE2 = .80

Well, now that's interesting, and I'll be less than a 90 minutes out of Spokane next week in Pullman...

If it works for a T19, it should be fine with my NP435.

That's my understanding. So, go to the calculator page and enter .73 into the transfer case variable in to figure out what it'll do. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Well, now that's interesting, and I'll be less than a 90 minutes out of Spokane next week in Pullman...

If it works for a T19, it should be fine with my NP435.

Yes, the ranger would work fine with a NP435... and the website says they weigh 80 lbs so even if you can’t go pick it up, the thing is still able to ship-able.