Bullnose Forums

New member, Seattle area

firehawk618

Recently picked up a 1986 F150, 300ci, T18 4 speed, 2wd.

Poor thing has sat for ~8 years.

Since picking it up I have fully ditched the full EECIV system. Installed a non feedback carter, GM HEI style distributor, completely deleted all EECIV harness, sensors etc etc.

Both fuel tanks have rotted out. I picked up a 1984 style fuel tank new + the 1984 sending unit because the 1986 sending unit is not available anymore and I refuse to pay the $200+ that the single person on ebay who has the right ones wants for them.

Anyhow, for an ol' gal she sure drives nice.

Next up: Replace the rear tank, pull intake/exhaust manifold to fully weld shut the smog ports + fix leaks. New exhaust system from manifold to tail pipe.

Later down the road will be learning how to paint on this truck. The paint is in bad shape.

Later down the road will be learning how to paint on this truck. The paint is in bad shape.

Welcome aboard Firehawk.

I'm really wanting to learn how to paint on my truck as well...my paint is in bad shape too. Anyway, going to start with the rear end of the frame shortly and I can handle that without making too much of a mess, perhaps I'll try the whole thing. We'll see.

Good luck with yours.