Bullnose Forums

Anyone with a factory two tone roof ?

PetesPonies

That would help thanks.

Somewhere... I know I took very explicit detailed photos of the curve, vinyl stripe and two tone paint design on a single cab truck because I wanted to be able to recreate it if desired. Now I can't for the life of me find them. Sorry, the only thing that was on my old phone were these shots of a 1980 copper and gold two tone Supercab:

image209.jpg.618989cdc2dacc7d8786cca7af1a6722.jpg

image165.jpg.014c76ce2e9c34a1ecb0d06ef781986d.jpg

I will have to re-take photos of that the next time I see it in the junkyard.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Somewhere... I know I took very explicit detailed photos of the curve, vinyl stripe and two tone paint design on a single cab truck because I wanted to be able to recreate it if desired. Now I can't for the life of me find them. Sorry, the only thing that was on my old phone were these shots of a 1980 copper and gold two tone Supercab:

I will have to re-take photos of that the next time I see it in the junkyard.

What I'm doing . . . . I just bought an '82 F100 Flareside in wimbledon white. I want to add an accent color to the roof, tailgate letters and ?? If you saw what I have built, you would clearly see I try to make things look older, than newer. Therefore, I don't always stay to the year of the vehicle. I had thought a red roof and letters would look good. But I'm looking at other colors. My interior is tan, which I like. But it seems most two tones have the extra color match the interior. So white with red, would probably have a red interior. What two tone combos would use the tan interior??

Here's some vehicles I have built along that line:

Gen 2 Ranger with Gen 1 front metal, '61 F100 grille ( 14" cut out ) and more . .

ranger1.thumb.jpg.ec82d2d0690a2fd119bd29961a6778b5.jpg

'84 Bronco II with '66 Bronco grille

Bronco_II.jpg.34c642db6e79ea1441e602bfe75f34b3.jpg

396916450.jpg.397084c5ef3b3872b46c9a5f9e2cb54e.jpg

My '83 Bronco that I am putting a '64 F100 grille in:

Grille_cut_again.thumb.jpg.0109a6a14d8f4dfce1558950e632b0fa.jpg

Just to give you idea of what I like to do. I do the same to motorcycles as well. HOWEVER, this '82 F100 is not going to be changed that much. This is going to be much more subtle, with some small paint changes and small modifications. So . . gotta decide on the paint addition ???

What I'm doing . . . . I just bought an '82 F100 Flareside in wimbledon white. I want to add an accent color to the roof, tailgate letters and ?? If you saw what I have built, you would clearly see I try to make things look older, than newer. Therefore, I don't always stay to the year of the vehicle. I had thought a red roof and letters would look good. But I'm looking at other colors. My interior is tan, which I like. But it seems most two tones have the extra color match the interior. So white with red, would probably have a red interior. What two tone combos would use the tan interior??

Here's some vehicles I have built along that line:

Gen 2 Ranger with Gen 1 front metal, '61 F100 grille ( 14" cut out ) and more . .

'84 Bronco II with '66 Bronco grille

My '83 Bronco that I am putting a '64 F100 grille in:

Just to give you idea of what I like to do. I do the same to motorcycles as well. HOWEVER, this '82 F100 is not going to be changed that much. This is going to be much more subtle, with some small paint changes and small modifications. So . . gotta decide on the paint addition ???

Interesting projects. :nabble_smiley_good:

On the paint colors, I have an '82 brochure in Literature/1982 Literature, and it shows the 1982 exterior and interior colors. But, it doesn't match them up.

However, the Literature/1981 Literature/1981 Truck Facts Organizer does have a table on the F-Series tab that shows the interior colors that go with the exterior colors. Maybe that would help?

Interesting projects. :nabble_smiley_good:

On the paint colors, I have an '82 brochure in Literature/1982 Literature, and it shows the 1982 exterior and interior colors. But, it doesn't match them up.

However, the Literature/1981 Literature/1981 Truck Facts Organizer does have a table on the F-Series tab that shows the interior colors that go with the exterior colors. Maybe that would help?

Ultimately, I'll do what I want . . . and of course, through the ordering process you could get damn near whatever you wanted anyway. But yes, I'd love to see that bit of info. I think I'm still leaning towards red, but that could change.

Ultimately, I'll do what I want . . . and of course, through the ordering process you could get damn near whatever you wanted anyway. But yes, I'd love to see that bit of info. I think I'm still leaning towards red, but that could change.

That is interesting . I looked at it. Weird that you could get a red exterior with fawn interior, but could not get the maroon exterior with fawn interior?????? And again, by saying you couldn't get . I guess I mean what was produced and shipped to the lots. Because I fully believe I could have ordered a maroon exterior with fawn interior if I wanted it :)

That is interesting . I looked at it. Weird that you could get a red exterior with fawn interior, but could not get the maroon exterior with fawn interior?????? And again, by saying you couldn't get . I guess I mean what was produced and shipped to the lots. Because I fully believe I could have ordered a maroon exterior with fawn interior if I wanted it :)

Yes, that shows what was standard. But they wanted your money and didn't really care about your taste in colors, so....

I just read in the '81 brochure that the tape stripe that separated the roof color was a 2 color stripe, not three. It's on page 18.

and I'm realizing the roof color went onto the door as well with the basic two tone. I had though it was only this way with the Victoria Two Tone.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.ford-trucks.com-vbulletin/1024x768/80-20140706_142535_zps9c665ba6_fdcc70fe25822bde856304cf6bf122ce3dc0aba4.jpg

and I'm realizing the roof color went onto the door as well with the basic two tone. I had though it was only this way with the Victoria Two Tone.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.ford-trucks.com-vbulletin/1024x768/80-20140706_142535_zps9c665ba6_fdcc70fe25822bde856304cf6bf122ce3dc0aba4.jpg

1979_F-150_Ranger_Lariat.jpg.5c2016d26a447979ed6293d2cad8a55a.jpgAlthough this one doesn't seem to have roof color on the door'